The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old March 1, 2012, 09:04 PM   #1
WIN71

Big help from Leupold

Maybe above and beyond........

I recently bought an old gunsmith made rifle. It has a Bausch & Lomb 2.5-8 scope sans adjustment knobs. The mounts were made by Leupold and the rear mount is adjustable for windage and elevation. I had no idea how to adjust them so I called Leupold. The tech rep wasn't sure either so he told me he would do a search of the archives.

Within two hours of talking to a tech rep I had an email with attached 7 page copy of the original instruction sheet. A note attached advised that the mounts came out in the late 1940's.

I have always been impressed with Leupold scopes. Now I'm very impressed with their customer service.
Old March 4, 2012, 10:56 PM   #2
cookie5

My dad bought a Leupold scope in 1961 and in 1995 I took the rifle out to shoot it and the coating on the lens was starting to peel. I called Leupold and said I had no receipt, the rep said life time warranty send the scope in. Within 2 weeks the scope was returned and working like new.
Old March 5, 2012, 12:11 AM   #3
armoredman

Very nice!