The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Closed Thread

Old March 18, 2010, 08:23 PM   #1
marvet

Where's The Political Forum?

Why isn't there a place to discuss politics on here? No I'm not liberal hippy, Im a gun toting, tea partier that's ****** about the direction this country is going in! I think we need a forum to discuss the issues of today! (political)
Old March 18, 2010, 08:39 PM   #2
riggins_83

The problem with political conversation here.. there's always at least one person trolling, one person playing devils advocate, one person who's so angry they will crush anybody who doesn't see it their way, one person who will say "xxxx is not going to take away our guns" and about 100 people who get mixed in the middle.
Old March 18, 2010, 09:19 PM   #3
Shane Tuttle
Staff

We used to have a political forum. Unfortunately, we had way too many problems with rule violations and personal attacks. Far too much noise and not nearly enough signal. After several years of constant babysitting, it was shut down permanently. Archived threads are still viewable under the Legal & Civil Rights forum.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old March 18, 2010, 09:35 PM   #4
zxcvbob

You might try http://armedpolitesociety.com/ A lot of folks here hang out at APS. There's only two forums there and one of them is politics.
Old March 18, 2010, 10:50 PM   #5
Wildalaska

Quote:
No I'm not liberal hippy, Im a gun toting, tea partier that's ****** about the direction this country is going in!
Yeah well I'm a transgendered card carrying member of the CPUSA and I'm upset that all the tea partiers havent been tossed into Guantanamo with the Bushchimphitler Chenyite terrrorists instead of the innocent victims incarcerated there now. .

Hows that for politics.

IBTL

WildsmoochesAlaska TM
Old March 18, 2010, 11:11 PM   #6
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
No I'm not liberal hippy, Im a gun toting, tea partier that's ****** about the direction this country is going in!
In a nutshell, that's the reason I'm glad this site no longer has a political forum.

No offense to the OP, but I'd really rather not have to wonder what ****** stands for, and threads that start like that, on any forum, tend to waste bandwidth and end badly. I'd rather we stick to topics that further the shooting sports and the cause of the 2A.
Old March 18, 2010, 11:50 PM   #7
JohnKSa
Staff

It's on some other website.