The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old December 16, 2009, 06:30 AM   #1
mrnkc130

MAC's

I've seen a limited number of modifications for these, slow fire uppers with rails, a couple of different butt stocks and thats about it. I'm thinking about getting one for my 1st MG (wife still isnt convinced m16 is worth the $$) and this gun seems like a good place to start because they are relatively cheap for a machine gun. I'm not sure what all calibers they make for these I've seen them in 9mm, 45auto and .380. I'm leaning towards 9mm because its seems like it would be more manageable on FA, but I've never fired any of them.

I'm looking for any advice on buying a gun in the MAC family. Also looking for links to parts and accesories for them. I'd like to find out what options there are for full or folding butt stocks to replace the wire one. Also what options you have for mounting rails on them for a VFG.

I'm not really interested in the slow fire uppers, though I may change my mind on that since they have such a high rate of fire.

Do they make longer barrels for these guns? I guess I'm really hoping that you can by enough aftermarket parts for this gun to make it into a pretty neat little SMG.

Any advice, experience or knowlege about MAC's would be greatly appreciated!
Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man,the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a timehanded out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now
restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things:bread and circuses (Juvenal, Satire 10.77–81)
Old December 16, 2009, 08:46 AM   #2
Skans

My advice is try to get one in 9mm, if you plan on shooting it. Or at least find a 9mm upper receiver that will fit on your frame. I think there is an insert that needs to go into the frame, and 9mm magazines will be much harder to find.

Personally, I'd spend the extra money and buy a registered receiver UZI, or maybe a bolt gun...just depends.

My first and only machineguns was an AC556. I wanted something that fired a rifle cartridge - but they were a lot less expensive when I bought mine.
Old December 16, 2009, 10:12 AM   #3
David Hineline

The SWD M11 9mm SMG is the one that has the most option aftermarket stuff.

Yes you can get longer barrel uppers, all kinds of add on stock adapters, slow fire kits, .22lr kits that don't work well, silencers etc. Plastic magazines, steel magazines, conversion kits to take Sten Magazines.
Old December 16, 2009, 10:38 AM   #4
jmorris

There is a little info here
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=372744

You might also try uzitalk.com they have a mac section.

David is right on the M11 having by far the most aftermarket stuff but there is quite a bit for the 10's too.
Old December 17, 2009, 12:15 AM   #5
mrnkc130

Thanks for all the info guys, i'll have to check out that uzitalk forum!
Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man,the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a timehanded out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now
restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things:bread and circuses (Juvenal, Satire 10.77–81)