The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old March 19, 2005, 09:36 PM   #1
too many choices!?

Anyone in Houston wanna take me to the range?......

Hopefully someone with an m-16? I could supply my own upper(Bushie M4 H-bar chrome 1/9) and ammo to save you some "barrel wear" Plus then I can also say I shot a full auto....
Come on full auto guys, share the wealth....lol

I will start saving for ammo today.....Got a brand new piggie bank
Old March 21, 2005, 09:21 AM   #2
shaggy

I can't help you in TX, but if you go to Bulletfest www.bulletfest.net, I'd be happy to let you try something.
Old March 21, 2005, 09:45 PM   #3
too many choices!?

Something told me you would reply.....and thanx

You are my hero ! If I ever get back up that way(and the offer stands) I will look you up !!!
Old March 21, 2005, 10:55 PM   #4
shaggy

The offer always stands. I love watching a full auto newbie get that stupid grin after dumping a mag almost as much as I love dumping the mag myself. Seriously, if you can find a way to make it to BF6, I'll set you up good. I've been to the last two and it is now a "must-do" shoot for me. I wouldn't miss it for hell or high water. Last year it took me about 16 hours of travel time to get there and another 16 hours to get back. And I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Just bring ammo - last year I think I let other people shoot more of my ammo through my own guns than I even got to shoot myself.
Old March 22, 2005, 03:19 PM   #5
boofus

I usually go to the Pasadena Gun Center. It's the only range I know of in Houston that will let you shoot full-auto rifles.

I don't have any MGs at the moment. I sold my M10/9 and I'm waiting for my FNC to get approved before I can pick it up. I do have a suppressor though.

Some other NFA owners shoot there too. A surgeon named Mack brought a beltfed 1919a4 to the range a couple weeks back. He was nice enough to let me chew through one of his belts.

The range also has a M16, Greasegun, Thompson, MP5, and Uzi for rent. You could try those out if you're really itching for a full auto fix.
Old March 23, 2005, 09:57 PM   #6
too many choices!?

thanx Boofus, now thats what I am talkin 'bout!

Hope to see you there some time.....Look for the "office max" guy