The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old October 23, 2009, 04:54 PM   #1
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

True deer roping story...

Funny that someone chose today to post the great deer roping story...
Here is a story from a central florida hog doggin' and farmer's wife... Posted just today...
Quote:
Well they went down to move some cows around this AM, and as he was backing his horse off the trailer he saw a buck slip across the trail ahead of him. He tied off his mare and slipped up there with his black powder got a clean shot and hit Him straight through the shoulders. Well they trailed him on foot for a bit and jumped him.....he ran off a few yards and bedded again. So he went back and the guys got there horses and rode out the bull-rush pond looking for him and jumped him up.....they sicked the cow dogs on him and got him bayed while My husband roped him and ran his horse around the tree a few times to draw him up and cut neck ear to ear. Needless to say, we had to get a new cape......from another man, but he will be mounted, and in the end....there were some tired men and dogs but a story of a lifetime... ..He called me and said honey come get this buck clean him out and hang him in the cooler 8-).......it was worth it though...man that back strap was good tonight! I reckon thats a perk of bein forman of a big cattle ranch.....Work and play all at the same time....I would of loved to get it on video!
Old October 23, 2009, 07:37 PM   #2
SKULLANDCROSSBONES65

G'day. I found the story a little hard to follow, but still got the message.
Old October 23, 2009, 07:40 PM   #3
troy_mclure

redneck lingo doesnt compute?
There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
Old October 23, 2009, 07:42 PM   #4
Scorch

I have heard several stories over the years about folks who drop a rope an a deer. It doesn't always end as simply as that. And I have a funny story about a US Marine from Wyoming who bulldogged a deer and arn near gotr killed when he let the deer up. All in fun. Well, the deer didn't think so, but that's why we tell the stories, right?