The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old May 8, 2008, 08:38 PM   #1
buymore

4-H Shooting Sports donations?

Me, my wife, her friend and husband just got certified to be 4-H Shooting Sports Advisors for our general group in NE Ohio. We went to a weekend class. The two ladies both in Riflery, I in shotgun (trap) and friends husband in Archery. Now we have the cumbersome task of gathering financial support for tools and supplies. Does anyone here have any good contacts for either cash donations or supply donations? Any good ways to raise money quickly for these kids? I've gotten some support already in just a couple of days, but never too much help in regards to this type of thing. We need basics...a few air rifles, a 20 gauge YOUTH sized pump shotguns that I can buy recoil reducing parts for, a source for trainer loads (20 g 7 1/2 shot), some light pull bows recurve or Genesis type compound bows and cheap target arrows. I'm compiling a list to mail out letters, so if you've done this before and have some ideas, let us know. thanks
Old May 9, 2008, 12:40 AM   #2
tc556guy

There is no support from or advice given by higher up the 4H chain? Does the NRA see the 4H program as competition and unwilling to help out? I would think that any organization working to bring new shooters into the fold would team up to help each other out.......
Old May 9, 2008, 01:28 AM   #3
Casimer

There's a forum dedicated to youth shooting programs, like 4H, at TargetTalk.org - http://www.targettalk.org/viewforum....e0c557c2b73c17

These folks will probably have some good ideas.
Old May 9, 2008, 03:29 AM   #4
buymore

Yes, NRA will support, ou certification was from NRA certified instructors and we have contacts already for them. Our leaders at the camp also gave us some ideas, but I'm asking others here and likewise for ideas we haven't covered yet. You always get obvious ideas when you get your training, but you guys who may have done the same thing will come up with the less than obvious, hard to find contacts. Maybe someone will know a shortcut or two. That's what I'm looking for. You know....something that someone happened across by accident and was a great success type ideas. All the help we can get only improves it for the kids!

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.