The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old December 22, 2010, 05:26 PM   #726
GURU1911

Howdy from sealy, texas

GREETINGS TO ALL MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM !!!!! MY NAME IS MICHAEL & I AM 60 YEARS OLD. I HAVE SUSTAINED MULTIPLE MINOR STROKES SINCE 2008, WHICH SEVERELY AFFECTED MY VISION. THEREFORE, I MUST TYPE IN CAPITAL LETTERS---I AM NOT YELLING AT ANYONE. I AM A 32 YEAR RETIRED SAFETY, HEALTH, & ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER, WHO IS PRETTY MUCH HOME-BOUND THESE DAYS DUE TO MY PHYSICAL ISSUES. HERE IS MY SHOOTING BIO:

---50 YEARS TOTAL SHOOTING EXPERIENCE
---35 YEARS FULL-TIME METALLIC CARTRIDGE RELOADER
---30 YEARS GUNSMITHING EXPERIENCE (1911 pistols, Colt & SW revolvers, & bolt action rifles--Rem 700, Win 70, Howa 1500, & Savage 110)
---NRA LIFE MEMBER SINCE 1984 & ANNUAL MEMBER BEFORE THAT
---PRESIDENT, SW LOUISIANA R&P CLUB, 1994-1995
---ARDENT FOLLOWER OF COL. JEFF COOPER & THE MODERN TECHNIQUE
---TEACH AMMO RELOADING & FIREARMS SAFETY TO ADULTS & OLDER CHILDREN.

PERSONAL: MARRIED 30 YEARS TO A FRENCH SPEAKING CAJUN, BORN-AGAIN GENTILE CHRISTIAN ZIONIST, 2 DAUGHTERS (one married) NEW S.I.L HAS PERMIT TO CARRY & ATTENDING TEX A&M AS ELECTRICAL ENG. MAJOR

ANYTHING I CAN DO TO SERVE THE SHOOTERS OF THIS FORUM & SHARE MY YEARS OF EXPERIENCE, I AM WILLING TO DO SO. D-V-C
Old December 22, 2010, 07:52 PM   #727
Fidelity Academy

Hello from Chicago, Illinois!

Hello!

This is AJ and Fidelity Investigative Training Academy in Chicago, Illinois. We are happy to be on the forum and participating in the various discussions here. We are a private training academy for private security and private investigators in Chicago, providing state-mandated training, firearms training and advanced training.

Since McDonald v. City of Chicago, we also provide the "Chicago Firearms Permit Course" firearms training to residents of the City of Chicago. Since we began, we have found ourselves "front and center" in the Illinois Firearms discussion, and have received support from folks in favor of second amendment rights, and attacks from those violently against it.

We look forward to many insightful discussions.

www.SecurityTrainingConcepts.us
Old December 23, 2010, 01:40 PM   #728
AKCOP

Happy to find a place to read, learn and share about shooting. Retired after 23 years as an LEO, 20 years in Alaska. Kodiak, Dillingham, Anchorage, Juneau, Unalaska. Living in Wyoming now, great state to live and play.
Fishing, Hunting, shooting, reloading since I was an uneducated and inexperienced teenager.
Old December 23, 2010, 01:45 PM   #729
B-radical

New guy here as well! From Western NC!

Been browsing the forums for a while, decided to bite the bullet and join, as I had some questions about my Savage 10FP

Haven't really been into guns until the last 3 or so years, I currently have a Savage 10fp in .308, an AK47, a Benelli Nova pump, a Marlin model 60c, for my "long" guns, and for my handguns, I have a Glock21SF, a Glock 36, and a Ruger LCP.

Old December 23, 2010, 10:22 PM   #730
wheelyfun

wheelyfun here..

I am ex-infantry paratrooper, served in Panama and Iraq.

Have commercial helicopter license, but have not worked as pilot since 1990.

I am currently working as a behavioral interventionist at a vocational farm school for troubled youth.

Currently studying to become an elementary school teacher!

Love motorcycles, firearms, bowhunting, photography, and japanese sword practice.

Been a lurker here for years, but just joined today!
Glad to be here.
Old December 24, 2010, 10:42 PM   #731
Justice06RR

Another newbie to the forum here. Looks like a very informative place to read up and participate in discussions.

I'm fairly new to the firearm world. Just recently got my Concealed license in FL and also purchased my first handgun in Sept.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old December 26, 2010, 12:52 PM   #732
2CenterMass

Hello all, thanks for having me here.

Ive been a fan of firearms for as long as I can remember. I currently have an old Western Auto Revelation .22lr, needs a new feed tube but it still functions flawlessly after many years. Was left to me by my grandfather. Also I have a Savage .22lr Bolt Action Mk II. One of the best shooting rifles Ive ever shot, though it does have problems extracting empties at times, depending upon the manufacturer of the ammo. CCI feeds pretty well in it. Also have a Remington 870 Express Super Magnum, 3.5'' magnum. Thinking about getting a 12 gauge with a shorter barrel as I dont hunt much anymore. Mostly just shoot and collect. I have yet to get a pistol, have not had the fundage recently with a new baby boy and all. I will be getting one around tax time if all works out. Thinking about a 1911 or a CZ SP01.

Again, thanks for having me here.
Old December 26, 2010, 10:27 PM   #733
Darus

Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie here. Glad I found this site and the loads and loads of info available. I got a Remington 597 .22lr for Christmas and am looking forward to finding a place to shoot and learning more about the hobby.

I enjoy the outdoors, music and photography among other things.
Old December 31, 2010, 12:21 AM   #734
parkerppaul

Hi All,

I'm a newbie here too... I finally purchased my first handgun today, a PT92! I'm very happy to have found a place I can read and be part of intellectual discussions regarding firearms.

Thanks All and see you in the forum!
Old December 31, 2010, 05:56 AM   #735
AC89

Hey, new guy here. Just purchased my first hand gun, a sig p226 in .40 smith.
Old December 31, 2010, 03:18 PM   #736
DWC

I am looking forward to open, honest, intelligent exchanges about all aspects of firearms and 2nd amendment issues.
Old January 1, 2011, 10:13 AM   #737
Jamas

Meh

I'm born and raised in the great state of Tennessee. Then I grew up and moved to the greater state of Texas. I've been shooting since I was about 7 starting with a break-action 410. My main focus is handguns.
Old January 2, 2011, 12:38 PM   #738
mesinge2

New Member Here

Hey,

I'm new here. Ok, a few details about me:
I am a criminal psychologist and I'm not the kind that makes excuses for them.
I am of the type that proves they're lying to get a reduced sentence and make sure they get their full term

To the guns: I am a 1911 fan as well as a large bore revolver fan.
Perhaps I'm a recoil junkie. And as no introduction is complete
without pics hear we go (Just my favorites):

Attachment 65793
Attachment 65794
Attachment 65795

Last edited by mesinge2; January 31, 2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old January 3, 2011, 10:12 AM   #739
wes213

Hello guys and girls, i am a gun nut that has started to build a nice arsenal of guns for myself and just needed a good site to bounce ideas off of so i will see you all around.
Old January 5, 2011, 11:19 AM   #740
Tomate

Hello!!

Hi, I do not know if this one is the place indicated to appear, but I did not find other one.
I´m a instructor of shooting, and sport shooter in my country 30 years ago or more and I am a writer of articles in magazines and Spanish forums too, my idea is to share knowledge.
Sorry for my english, I read the best English that I write and write better that I speak.
Between my weapon I have Glock G22; S*W 686 2,5 "; Ruger SP101; CZ SP01 Shadow; System Colt 1911 To 1 DGFM (clown Argentino); Ruger 512 Mk III; Hamerli 280s; Baikal TO35Z; Morini 162M and more.
Best Regards from Rosario Argentina.

Tomate©
q=)
Old January 5, 2011, 04:23 PM   #741
Scarlet

Hello,

I'm Scarlet from NH, by no means new to guns or shooting (shot with my dad as a kid/teenager), but still pretty much a novice. Looking to buy my first gun. Joined the forums to do some research and hob nob with people who know their stuff so that I can learn some new things.
Old January 5, 2011, 04:25 PM   #742
DiscoRacing

Welcome to all New Members.
Old January 7, 2011, 02:29 PM   #743
davis21b

hello

hi yall im from mississippi i have been shooting since i can remember. But I want to futher my knowledge on firearms so any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old January 8, 2011, 01:11 PM   #744
harly69g

New member from KY

Just found this site this morning.
Alot of good info here.
I have a S&W M&P 40 full size, a 22 9 shot revolver they dont make anymore & a 32 revolver they dont make anymore.
Will be purchasing a 357, 9 mm, 12 gauge, AK-47, AR-15.
Old January 11, 2011, 08:17 AM   #745
- D

New member, wooooo.

I've been reading TFL for a few years and just realized I had never joined, so I did.

- D
Old January 12, 2011, 04:05 PM   #746
handgunchick

New girl on the block

Hi. I just started shooting recently with my husband and in-laws and I love it! I've been to the range a few times and my husband gave me a 9mm Ruger semiauto P93DC in pristine condition after he figured out that I was going to make shooting a serious hobby. Additionally, we own a Mosin Nagant, a Hi Point 9mm carbine assault rifle (which has been a very reliable, accurate gun, despite all the naysayers on this forum), a .22 Marlin plinker, a .410 shotgun, and a Cobra FS .380 jamomatic piece of crap :barf: that we got as a gift.

I've shot all these guns except the Mosin Nagant, (due to the enormous, unprotected recoil), and I also shot my in-laws' .38 special, .380 Beretta semiauto, 9mm S & W semiauto, and Ruger .22 LR pistol. I welcome all the advice and wisdom that I can get from all the other experienced gun owners on the forum!
Old January 12, 2011, 05:06 PM   #747
boomboomthump

Hello everyone. I happened to be looking at some threads this afternoon and saw one that I wanted to post to it so I joined the group.

I'm semi retired, live in Florida, have been shooting more years than I care to mention. I enjoy fishing, hockey (Red Wing fan), and as my wife puts it, "playing with my guns" and of course shooting, although ammo is pretty expensive.

I don't do a whole lot of posting but when the topic and situation arises, I sure will add my 2 cents.
Old January 12, 2011, 07:29 PM   #748
khangha625

Hi, I'm a usual reader to the forum but new to joining.

Reason being is that I am building my first AR and I figured this is a good place to come to get some help if I have questions.
Old January 12, 2011, 10:08 PM   #749
maswind2000

New here

New to TFL, 35, recently moved to Gilbert from Mesa. Moved here to Arizona bout 8 yrs ago from Tennessee. Been shooting for bout 20 yrs, but alway wanting to learn more. LOoking for a good spot to shoot out In east Valley. CLoser than Table Mesa. It's 60 miles from my house.. If someone could point me to the correct forum, I would appreciate it.....
Old January 12, 2011, 11:32 PM   #750
Thwap1

How-D,
New to the site, but have about 42 yrs of firearms experience, from barking squirrels to toting a M-16 A1 around for a hitch, 50yrs on the body-o-meter.
Love the Game but not some of the opposing teams... Hope I can help some, and learn some... and will certainly keep my mouth shut when I cant do one or the other...

Kimber Adv Tac in .308, SOCOM 16, AR-10, AR-15, Glocks, Springfield 1911 Custom, Ruger 77, several hunting rifles, 1950's era pre 27 357 mag w/factory nickle finish, various shotguns and other odds and ends...

TTYL

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent