The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old April 8, 2008, 11:19 AM   #1
juliejacobs

J Stevens Arms Co Bolt Action ID need help

Help please. I inherited a "J. Stevens Arms Company Chicopee Falls Mass. USA 22 short.long or long rifle Model 66B patent pending Stevens Buckhorn Rifle" bolt action rifle. I would like to find out any information on it. Age, rarity, value, etc. It has a full length wood stock, no checkering. excellent condition. THANK YOU.
Old April 11, 2008, 08:04 PM   #2
RJay

The Stevens 66 is one of a number of bolt action utility rifles Stevens build over the years. These were meant as a " working " rifle and as such it filled the role very well. The 66 is a solid rifle but has no collectors value. It's real value is in keeping the Fox out of the hen house and to bag a few rabbits out in the garden. Value is listed at 200 in very good down to 25 in poor. Info from the 2008 Standard Catalog of Firearms.

Last edited by RJay; April 11, 2008 at 09:09 PM.
Old April 14, 2008, 08:44 AM   #3
juliejacobs

thank you

thank you for the info, it's more than I had before. Dad kept it in excellant condition.