The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Closed Thread

Old June 26, 2010, 06:48 PM   #51
Gunplummer

I used to make 6.5 Japanese brass out of .303 British brass and resizing it actually swagged it down by the head. When I put the primers in, the pockets were so tight it left a mark in the primer.(RCBS Hand primer) All the loads fired with no problem, but it was a stupid thing to do. I was too lazy to make a pocket reamer and too young to really care. I would not do that now or advise doing it. I do know a guy that wanted an empty 5.56 case. He pulled the bullet, dumped the powder, wrapped it in cardboard and lightly held the case in a vise. He then proceeded to tap the primer with a punch and hammer to disarm it. The Medic had to dig into his arm about a half inch to get it out.
Old June 26, 2010, 07:43 PM   #52
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Well, it looks like the OP has solved his dilemma and opposing views regarding primer safety have been thoroughly discussed.

It's time to let the sleeping dog lie.

Closed.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Closed Thread