The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old September 9, 2004, 12:55 AM   #26
sm

Will the Proposed AWB Sunset Affect You?

Not in a firearm sense per se'. I mean I too have some 8 rd mags for 1911s. Can't seem to get more than the cyl will hold in a revolver, my shotguns are stock, lever actions....

From another perspective YES! The RKBA one. We have seen more states with CCW, we ALL have been fighting on various levels various RKBA battles.

This AWB Sunset - will give US more leverage , in fighting the fight.

WE have a responsiblity to use this Sunset to OUR Advantage. Anti's and such will be watching. Just like allowing CCW in some places had fear "of blood in the streets" - instead in reality had lower crime rates.

The Anti's have had these AWB years to use as tool against US. The reality is - it ( like other gummit meddlin) was a waste of time and resources.

Maybe....just maybe this Sunset will be the 16# sledge hammer to fell other walls.

Steve
Old September 9, 2004, 01:49 AM   #27
animal

The main effect AWB going away will have on me is a severe reduction in value of my collection. I wholeheartedly welcome the financial hit for the greater good.
Old September 9, 2004, 09:53 AM   #28
pdmoderator
Registration in progress

Not much. If I ever get a centerfire rifle, it's more likely to be a Garand or a Rem 700 than an AW.

If I ever change my mind and get an AW, it will be in America, not PRNJ.

- pdmoderator
Old September 9, 2004, 12:45 PM   #29
Doug Add

Not that I can see in the immediate future. I already have 13 round magazines for my SIG 228, and the SP101 has always held five regardless of pointless legislation. I am hopeful that when I want some more 13 round magazines for the SIG they will cost less than what has been available recently.
Old September 12, 2004, 09:05 AM   #30
trapshooter

Maybe. If the price of M-14 mags comes down, you bet. I might put a real flash hider on the AR, but I actually feel that a good muzzle brake is a better investment, as I don't plan on being in a situation where the FH will be of great importance again (I hope). Won't be making any frontals or defending against them, so I see no particular reason to put a bayonet lug on anything, but that's only me. I fully support anyone else's desire to do so.

So, I plan on picking up some more mags, mainly. For the guns I have that use them. Other than that, I just agree that this law was a pointless feel-good POS, and take heart from the fact that it can be allowed to go away.
Old September 12, 2004, 08:25 PM   #31
LawDog
Staff Emeritus

Since my department will not buy magazines for any pistol other than the Glock 22, I've been carrying neutered magazines in my duty weapon. It will be kind of nice to go on duty with a full pistol magazine again.

Several of us officers are going to put together some AR15's that'll give Sarah Brady the colly-wobbles just as soon as the ban dies.

LawDog

Bona na Croin

The LawDog Files
Old September 13, 2004, 04:38 AM   #32
seed

It will affect us Kalifornians. In reaction to the sunset and perhaps a change in the direction of the pendulum on the national scene in terms of gun laws, Kali state politicians will blast through all kinds of new Draconian laws. Bet on it.

seed.