The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old January 17, 2020, 10:23 PM   #1
Cyanide971

Streamlight TLR-6 first impression

Won’t be a long, detailed post, just my initial thoughts after mine arrived earlier.

Initially, I’m very impressed with it! Not bad for only 100 Lumens and 2,000 Candela. Here’s a few quick pics from outside before I mount it on my pistol (Gen 5 Glock 26).

1. Very compact.

2. The corner of our barn at about 15 yards.

3. About 20-25 yards to my car.

4. About 40-45 yards to this tree.

Weather permitting, I’ll probably try shooting some with it tomorrow evening, and will probably zero the laser on it for 15 yards, even though I plan on keeping it set for light only.
Old January 18, 2020, 02:28 AM   #2
JERRYS.

that's bright for a small light. what's the run time before a recharge or battery replacement?
Old January 18, 2020, 03:52 AM   #3
TruthTellers

They're really the only option for a Glock 26/27 mounted light and it is nice that a laser comes with it, even tho I don't need it.

Seems that's becoming common with budget weapon mounted lights having a laser included. Not saying that the TLR-6 is a budget light, but compared to other lights that have a laser included it sure is.

I really just want the light, but when I can get a laser too for not much more, I'll take it. I have a light/laser I got from Amazon for $40 that's rechargeable. The light is excellent and the laser is good out to 10 yards, that said, I don't expect the laser on these sub $75 light/laser combos to hold zero very well, but as long as the light stays on (which mine so far has) I'm happy and when the light is what I want, I can't complain.

It would be nice to see Streamlight make a larger variant of the TLR-6 for larger sized pistols that lack a rail for mounting lights, like the Ruger SR series, Beretta/Taurus 92's, 1911's, etc. Something that is a bit longer and can accommodate a brighter light, but more importantly dump the button cell batteries and either use an integrated rechargeable battery or a small battery like CR2.

In a time where battery technology and light technology has advanced so much to still be using those button batteries is asinine.
Old January 18, 2020, 08:47 AM   #4
Cyanide971

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERRYS. View Post
that's bright for a small light. what's the run time before a recharge or battery replacement?
Jerry, per the Streamlight literature: