The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old September 20, 2019, 07:32 PM   #1
CD1

The season is underway

I was just out in Idaho hunting with a buddy who has a taxidermy business. One of the many cool things about going to see him is that I get to see all the skulls coming in, and I get to hear the stories about how they were taken. If I were a taxidermist I could write a book every year full of great hunting stories.

The weather is getting cooler there now, so when this pic was taken the temps were on their way down to the 40's, and the fire felt just right.

Sadly I had to come home to MS/TN a few days later where the highs are still 99 and the overnight lows in the 70's. When I look at this picture though it takes me back to the mountains, and it gives me great comfort knowing that someone is out there in a canyon right now packing out a load of meat.

IMG_20190915_211009 by s s, on Flickr
Old September 22, 2019, 06:10 AM   #2
taylorce1

Looks like a decent 5pt bull was taken. I just got back last night from a successful elk hunt with my daughter. I thought the pack out was going to kill me!
Old September 22, 2019, 10:51 AM   #3
CD1

The pack is never light. I think it's natures goal to have you burn as many calories packing it out, as you'll get from eating it.

Congrats on you kill!