The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Closed Thread

Old June 25, 2019, 07:18 PM   #176
precision_shooter

So, which came first, the chicken or the egg?
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776
Old June 25, 2019, 07:20 PM   #177
AK103K

Quote:
Originally Posted by precision_shooter View Post
So, which came first, the chicken or the egg?
LOL. Depends on whether you use oil or not.
Old June 25, 2019, 07:50 PM   #178
davidsog

Quote:
Nice pics. So what? Are we supposed to be impressed?
Are we??

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...&postcount=126
Old June 25, 2019, 07:59 PM   #179
davidsog

Quote:
we are somehow less than capable than you?
No I just think you are insecure about the whole thing. Just relax, it will be ok.

You seem to need pics and whatever else to believe folks might be capable too. I simply related my experience and you have worked to delegitimize it because it does not fit your favorite pistol.

Your Glock is still going after 70,000 rounds and replacing parts when they break. That is pretty good, LOL.

Old June 25, 2019, 08:37 PM   #180
AK103K

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsog View Post
Hey, at least Im shooting what you see. And what you see is what you get. It is what it is, and no war stories.

If it bothers you to see someone actually doing things, cant help that. This is the internet too, and if you dont post proof, your FOS, and if you do, your making Army boys mad. Its lose, win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsog View Post
No I just think you are insecure about the whole thing. Just relax, it will be ok.

You seem to need pics and whatever else to believe folks might be capable too. I simply related my experience and you have worked to delegitimize it because it does not fit your favorite pistol.

Your Glock is still going after 70,000 rounds and replacing parts when they break. That is pretty good, LOL.

LOL. You really are Dusty, arent you! If you arent, you had the same reading instructor he did in the Army, and comprehension is a challenge.

70,000 rounds was a couple of years ago. The rail broke at right around 147,400 (which is the low count), and in reality, its has over 150,000 on it, as the count was based on 300 rounds a week, and I often shoot more. And, its right back to shooting again.

And thats just "that" gun. Got a 26 that had well over 26,000 rounds through it when I quit counting too.

Im not the least bit insecure either, nice and comfy in who I am, and just enjoying life. And as far as being relaxed, Im chill.

Spent a nice relaxing afternoon just playing around with some "old school" blasters, an old M1 Carbine, and a 38/200 S&W Victory, and just got done cleaning them a little while ago. Whats not to like?

No stress at all.
Old June 25, 2019, 10:51 PM   #181
JohnKSa
Staff

And now that we're talking more about each other than about firearms, this discussion is over.