The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 3, 2008, 11:31 PM   #1
Vanguard.45

Smith and Wesson M&P Holster Question

Greetings,

I recently purchased an M&P 9mm and was wanting to buy a Galco Concealable holster for it. Unfortunately, I am a LEFTY, and Galco doesn't make a Concealable in LH for any M&P other than the 45 version.

Here's the question: Usually, the Concealable is really tight when one initialy gets it. So, are the slide/ frame dimensions on the 45 close enough to the 9/40 version that I could use it and take advantage of the initial tightness (i.e. it will just never be forced to stretch and, thus, will still hold on to the pistol)? I know the barrel is .25" longer, but that is no worry to me. Mainly, I just don't want the thing flopping around in the holster.

I did this with a Sig 225 as I put it into a Sig 229 holster and it was fine, even though the slide was wider on the 229. The trick, though, was that I never had put the wider 229 into it, so it didn't stretch.

What are your thoughts? I had heard the widths between the 45 and the 9/40 versions might be the same??? Is this true?

Thanks,

Vanguard.45
Old December 4, 2008, 12:03 AM   #2
KUHIO

I have an M&P9 as well and from speaking to other M&P guys I've gathered that the 9/40/45 will generally fit any M&P designated holster, the leather shouldn't be an issue.
Old December 4, 2008, 12:20 AM   #3
Vanguard.45

Awesome!

That's good to hear!

If anyone disagrees, let me know!

Vanguard.45