The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old June 22, 2009, 09:44 AM   #1
Just1short

Another (silly) C&R question

I had a 01 dealers FFL from 1988 - 1994. I had a C&R FFL from 1995 - 2007 when I allowed it to expire. In April of '09 I applied for another C&R after I decided I couldn't stand not having one.

BATFE hit my credit card on May 6, 2009 for the $30. I have heard nothing further from them so I called the licensing center. They had no problem finding the old dealers FFL from 15 years ago but told me they could not find any record of my earlier C&R nor my new application. After playing phone tag they agreed to call me back. That was last Wednesday... no call back.

I never, in my previous dealings with the BATFE, had any problems. They were always prompt and courteous even when they audited my books in 1989 and again in 1990. Anybody care to enlighten me?
Old June 22, 2009, 09:50 AM   #2
Technosavant

Weird, I'm not sure what happened to your application. I've yet to have any problems with the licensing center. Is there a transaction ID with the charge to your credit card that might assist in them tracing it? That's the one thing I might suggest if you haven't tried that tack yet.