The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 7, 2010, 06:47 PM   #1
spearman

Jimenez .32 auto

My stepson just bought a Jimenez .32 from a pawn shop.I never heard of them and the .32 is not listed in the web site.Anyone familiar with these?
Old July 7, 2010, 06:53 PM   #2
Don P

They bought out Jennings or its just a name change. Their quality is questionable as is the pistol functioning properly. He probably picked it up for short money. See if it works and at first chance sell it off, just my opinion now.
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old July 7, 2010, 06:55 PM   #3
Bigjim3

If im not mistaken and Im sure someone here will correct me if im wronge I think its the same as a jennings/bryco. I think they keep going out of business and comeing back under different names..
Jesus according to Luke:22:36: Then said he unto them, ,,,,,, and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one......... Thomas Jefferson: "No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
Old July 7, 2010, 06:55 PM   #4
Hoss Fly

POS :barf:
Old July 7, 2010, 11:33 PM   #5
HisSoldier

If you like zinc guns this will do for a lot less than the Walther P-22. But I figure the only people who buy zinc guns are people who don't know about what a miserable material zinc, or the alloy Zamak which is 96% zinc, is. It cracks easily and it's only advantage is that it can be molded extremely cheaply.

Friends don't let friends buy zinc guns.
CNC produced 416 stainless triggers to replace the plastic triggers on Colt Mustangs, Mustang Plus II's, MK IV Government .380's and Sig P238's and P938's. Plus Colt Mustang hardened 416 guide rods, and Llama .32 and .380 recoil spring buttons, checkered nicely and blued.
Old July 7, 2010, 11:38 PM   #6
SVO

Buddy of mine was given one. The more he cusses it, the better it shoots.
Old July 8, 2010, 08:36 AM   #7
FreakGasolineFight

Ditch it, it's not worth the time.
Old July 8, 2010, 09:59 PM   #8
martin08

All you ever wanted to know about Zamak, and some things you didn't want to know!

http://www.bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com/forum/

I've collected a couple of dozen Zamak pistols over the years for a cheap hobby. Only one has fatally failed (cracked barrel shroud) in thousands of rounds fired, and most all of them can be made into reliable shooters with a little buff here and there.

The Jimenez JA-32 is actually getting some good reports. It's not underdesigned like the same framed gun in .380acp. They are very straight shooters and easily handled on recoil.

It just came onto the market about eight months ago, so the gun is not that old if he bought it used.