The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 24, 2010, 04:22 PM   #1
WANT A LCR 22LR

The bullets are here ,the bullets are here,. . and I'm a real person!

Got a call from my country post office.

Postie: Hello , Mr XXXXXX?

Me: Yes.

Postie: Aaa, Umm we've got 90 lbs of bullets here for you. Could you please come here and pick them up? It's slippery out there and I don't want my carrier to fall delivering them.

Me: OK, be down in a bit.

During the conversation I was thinking. . . Postie: Aaa, Umm, we've got 90 lb of Plutonium here for you. Could you please come here and pick it up? My carrier didn't bring their lead shielding and I don't want them to go home glowing so close to Christmas.

Too bad it's so cold, otherwise I'd be loading ammo.
Old December 24, 2010, 04:37 PM   #2
DiscoRacing

Quote:
Too bad it's so cold, otherwise I'd be loading ammo
That wont hurt ya ... start loadin start loadin.....ya cant shoot em with no powder behind em.
Old December 24, 2010, 06:38 PM   #3
flashhole

Good for you and Merry Christmas. What variety of bullets did you get?

A few years ago I bought some bullets for my 45-70. Midway was doing an inventory reduction and I bought 1500 350 grain bullets. A 76 pound package was delivered by UPS. Not a very big box. The UPS guy asked me - What's the heck is this ..... lead? I replied, as a matter of fact it is.

Are you ready for civil war?
Old December 24, 2010, 08:48 PM   #4
WANT A LCR 22LR

125 GRAIN .38 JSP from Zero bullet co . ( the orders are taken by Roze Dist ) 4000 in total. ~ $79 / 1000 with free shipping Visually they look no different than Speers of the same weight.

These ride over 4.8 G Bullseye ( the fastest powder Alliant makes ) and a 5 1/2 Remington primer. They feel ever so slightly softer than factory Remington Golden Saber 125 G .38+P. At some point I'll get a chrono and check, but they seem to shoot the same.

Running these through a LCR makes for minimal if any muzzle flash from the shooters point of view. Ran some through a GP 100 4", I've been shooting the LCR so much I had forgotten how heavy the gun was and how little recoil it has shooting the same load.

At this point I'm only making the above load since I want to practice with something similar to my carry load.

Perhaps I'll load some up this weekend.
Old December 25, 2010, 02:42 PM   #5
Longdayjake

4000 rounds of 125 grain bullets is not 90 lbs. It is just 71 lbs. But still, that is some heavy crap.