The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old December 10, 2005, 07:48 AM   #276
Remington kid

George, Thanks for the link to the casting stuff. That sure saves a few bucks!
It sounds like you are ready for a storm with that generator. If I built a new house today there is no way that I would do it without spending another $4,000 and hooking up a generator that comes on and off automaticly. When your spending several hundred thousand four more is a drop in the bucket for peace of mind and comfort.
Thanks again for the info, Mike
Old December 11, 2005, 01:55 AM   #277
gmatov

Mike,

My shipment is due to be in Monday, should go out Monday AM to find some lead to melt to see if the balls from the Lee molds have a smaller sprue cut than the ones I bought.

How come anything you just bought has to be used right now?

Steve499, If you read this, the bee comb foundations came in the mail today. Man, there aren't 2 or 3, there are like 15 of them. Wish you'd just crumpled them into an envelope, just a couple. Way cheaper than the shipping pack you used.

I thank you and look for a letter from me soon.

BTW, I went to the GUNK site, tonight, bought some wax bowl ring maker or the other, and they don't say what the bowl rings are made of till you check the MSDS, there it says Petroleum Grease, 60-100%.

So, no, they won't work for non-petroleum based lubes. Like I said, throw it in the plumbing drawer, someone's gonna need it before too long.

Cheers,

George
Old December 11, 2005, 10:38 AM   #278
Steve499

George..

Por Nada

Steve
Old December 11, 2005, 05:18 PM   #279
gmatov

Steve,

Well, thank you. I just thought the postage was kind of high.

Tell me, as thin as the foundations are, is the seal the bees make also very thin, and the cell walls? Have never seen a honeycomb except on TV or pictures of them cutting off the cap.

I'll have to look into that. Darn near everything arouses my curiosity.

Cheers,

George