The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 23, 2005, 11:05 PM   #1
cpileri

Location: Peoples Republik of Maryland, Sister State to Kalifornia
LED/Laser combo: withstanding recoil...

I saw with excitement the lasermax lms-1202 combo laser and light for shotguns with a mag extension- then was dismayed at the couple hundred dollar price tag! But for sake of discussion here's a link before I get to the item i really am asking about:
http://www.lasermaxusa.com/shotgun/LMS_1202.html

OK, so to find a cheaper alternative, realizing the durability and other implications that come with 'rigging up' a device not designed for a firearm, i find this:
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=180750&pn=1

On sale even!
Now, lets say we take a couple figure 8 mounts and get this unit onther really tight. Does anyone know if both the light and the laser will center around the same point of aim? will that point of aim be the same as the BORE of the shotgun? (I mean, that's the really important thing, right?)

I have to admit i am tempted to try it for 25 bucks!

But has anyone purchased one for any reason and has a review? or a review for the purpose of using it asa weapon light on a SG?
C-