The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old August 28, 2012, 12:05 AM   #1
ag3nt

paraphaneelia misdemeanor

mi,a friend was pulled over with her mary jane pipe on her while she was conceal carrying she got a misdemeanor paraphaneelia ticket, she very nervous and has contacted me once or twice-i said lawyer up-i work in ems so somehow she thinks ill know, anyways u guys halped me when my guns were confiscated for shooting in the woods maybe u can help me again-her court date is soon in novi mi, shes got spotless record-until now and she isnt a regular smoker -i can vouch i know its not important but i been around her plenty without knowing her business.

so basically what do u think will happen, mi has always been laid back on weed control(at least ive noticed in the detroit area) my brother about 7 years ago only got a fine when he had actual marijuana on him. She is low income in novi mi-not my expertise

Last edited by ag3nt; August 28, 2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old August 28, 2012, 01:05 AM   #2
zxcvbob

How is a weed pipe different from a tobacco pipe? Is it smaller or something? Or is has obvious MJ residue on it? (and if that's the case, wouldn't they have busted her for possession of a controlled substance?)

I'm totally ignorant about such things, just think "paraphernalia" laws are bogus.

She probably should be contacting a lawyer; not you, and especially not a bunch of dudes you don't even know on the Internet.
Old August 28, 2012, 06:55 AM   #3
amd6547

In Ohio, getting caught with paraphernalia is worse than getting caught with weed itself.
Old August 28, 2012, 07:59 AM   #4
Don P

Thats why they call them joints stupid sticks. No different than adult beverages and guns. They do not go together. Serves her right for her own stupidity. My opinion from what the OP states. Seems to me her being a irresponsible gun owner. Weed pipe on her????? Did she get searched, hanging around her neck, how did they know she had it????????????????????????????????
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old August 28, 2012, 08:03 AM   #5
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

She needs a lawyer and you need to stop going to the Internet for legal advice.
Closed Thread