The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 18, 2011, 03:53 PM   #1
Fingers McGee

2nd Gen Grant/Lee matched pair cased set

Just got this set. A 1 of 250 Grant/Lee matched pair cased set of 2nd Generation 1851 Navies. Had a gentleman email me offering the set for sale cause he knew I was a collector. He was the original owner and had never put the set together. Everything was still in it's original wrapping and boxes. He only took the pistols out from time to time to oil them up. They've never been cocked, and the flask had never been unwrapped. The pistols and accessories had never been put in the case (till yesterday). I unwrapped everything, placed the items in the case, photographed the case, then rewrapped and boxed everything back up. This set will stay as NIB as possible.

Here are a few pictures:

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce
Old March 18, 2011, 03:55 PM   #2
Fingers McGee

And a few more pictures

Continuing:

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce
Old March 18, 2011, 04:59 PM   #3
flatheadsal

Nice set, good score, enjoy!!! flathead
Old March 18, 2011, 05:15 PM   #4
Kadmos

Good score...so when does the defarbing process start?

What's the plan...angle grinder?

Old March 18, 2011, 05:24 PM   #5
4V50 Gary
Staff

Quote:
Kadmos said:

Good score...so when does the defarbing process start?

What's the plan...angle grinder?
At first I thought you were serious, then I saw the wink. You had me for a moment.
Old March 18, 2011, 06:25 PM   #6
ClemBert

Suh-weet!
Old March 18, 2011, 07:01 PM   #7
Fingers McGee

Well, defarbing isn't necessary on genuine Colt's
Old March 18, 2011, 08:15 PM   #8
Kadmos

I don't know McGee...does it say "Black powder only"? Because the originals didn't...lol
Old March 18, 2011, 08:20 PM   #9
Bill Akins

Gorgeous! Just absolutely beautiful.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".
Old March 18, 2011, 08:22 PM   #10
BrittB

Those are just cool!
Old March 18, 2011, 10:27 PM   #11
Fingers McGee

Quote:
I don't know McGee...does it say "Black powder only"? Because the originals didn't...lol
These don't either.
Old March 18, 2011, 11:38 PM   #12
Kadmos

Quote:
These don't either.
I'm so jealous, that's why I tease
Old March 19, 2011, 06:54 AM   #13
madcratebuilder

You..you..you unwrapped them
Old March 19, 2011, 12:01 PM   #14
Fingers McGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcratebuilder
You..you..you unwrapped them
Well, it's not like I was the first - except for the flask - and I didn't break the seal on the plastic on it.
Old March 19, 2011, 02:18 PM   #15
Hawg

Cool.
Old March 19, 2011, 03:36 PM   #16
Hardy

Fingers,

Those are wonerful. As a collector and selling BP arms, those are what you collectors want! Dang I'm jealous

And on my thread of 2nd &3rd gen colts, if you have them mint and boxes and wrappings---that is the key. I probably shoudn't have talked about Mattel six shooters on that thread--but I'd like to have one of them if I could find one Yall outa check gunsinternational at the reduced price of RE Lee in box and papers(if not already sold) If I could afford it now, I'd have it.
WBH
Old March 19, 2011, 04:48 PM   #17
Hawg

Quote:
I probably shoudn't have talked about Mattel six shooters on that thread--but I'd like to have one of them if I could find one

http://cgi.ebay.com/MATTEL-FANNER-50...#ht_500wt_1156
Old March 19, 2011, 05:45 PM   #18
Hardy

Thanks Hawg. I didn't remember what they looked like. Might have to bid on that. Now that was a cool toy for a youngster back then. Agree?
Old March 19, 2011, 06:21 PM   #19
Hawg

Yeah, I didn't have one but a buddy did. Didn't take us long to lose the bullets either. Kinda funny but years later when I first got married we moved into the house my buddy had lived in. I found some of those fanner bullets we lost along with a couple of the spring loaded cases they loaded into.