The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old April 19, 2008, 10:28 PM   #26
Csspecs

Yeah the shoe lace thing does work very well, seen it done at a range once (I did tell the guy that he might want to get rid of it and not do it again).
And people wounder why I have a pack of shoe laces in my SHTF bag <--- JOKE ( NO I HAVE NEVER AND WILL NEVER USE THE SHOE LACE TRICK.... If it was legal maybe but seeing as it's not, no thanks)

I have heard that the shoe lace trick came from either WWII or the Korean war, something like GIs did it on Garands and M1 carbines to have auto.... Probably just a bunch of mall ninja crap but if anyone knows anything about that I would be interested.
Old April 20, 2008, 01:44 PM   #27
Ruthless4christ

well t works

just to gve it some credt, this glock selector DOES work, and very well. down here n gutemala lots of poeple carry thier glocks whith these n them. myself have used them a few tiems and have seen them used all the time. t deff seems to work. there s another type that smply replaces the backplate with an tentcal lookng backplate which makes it full auto all the tme, but is undtectable.
Old April 21, 2008, 01:59 PM   #28
BrunoNorway

Jim Keenan

Quote:
After examining the above picture, I see how the system works, and it does appear to be a reasonably reliable way of gaining rapid fire. I also note the second BATFE letter saying that all shoestrings are not machineguns, for which I thank them.
I did not read the thread as good as i should... i only saw the pic, and was quite shore how that M14 shoestring thing worked.

Out of curiosity, would the M14-shoestring work as i supossed before?]

Quote:
you pull the ring thats conected to the shoestring right? then the rifle fires one round, the semi auto-acktion makes the charging handle, thats connected to the string, to go back, that will relase the presure on the string enabling the trigger to reset, then the charging handle will be pushed forward becouse of the spring, this will put presure on the string and setting of the trigger again, repeting the action...

as you can see the trigger are being reset for each shot...

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Old April 23, 2008, 10:46 PM   #29
raymond-

Quote:
You can use a the fullauto bolt/carriers in your Title 1 weapons with out being in violation...
<.....>

sadly, not true in WA state. i also seem to recall another state in which this
is the case but it's not coming to me right now.
Old April 27, 2008, 12:36 AM   #30
dakid2

The only mod to a glock I would make would be to buy one of the FSSG adapters for full auto there are a few around, good luck finding one.
Old April 27, 2008, 12:29 PM   #31
Hkmp5sd

Quote:
FSSG adapters for full auto there are a few around, good luck finding one.
Provided of course, you do not live in the United States. If you're an SOT, just import one.
Old April 27, 2008, 04:38 PM   #32
oldcspsarge

Theey are illegal in the USA, banned under the National Firearms Act.

The parts itself is classified as a machine like an auto sear. It would be post-ban LEO/Military only.

an SOT cannot import one as state department would not issue an import permit.

FOGETABOUTIT !
Old April 27, 2008, 06:17 PM   #33
Hkmp5sd

With the proper paperwork, it could be imported as could a Glock 18. It would merely be a Post-86 Dealer Sample.
Old December 13, 2008, 11:35 PM   #34
kaxxxboom

scam

Just so you know the add for the glock switch advertisement from shokansunrise is a complete scam, moneygram only. If you doubt it go ahead and give this guy your money you will never recieve your switch. He has ripped off hundreds of people and the people that purchase it cant complain about not recieving there illegal glock switch anyway.
Just trying to help you guys out before you really think it's not a scam, don't say i didn't warn you. Don't ask if i tried to purchase the switch, all I will say is I'm 100 percent possitive he has scammed a large amount of people
Old December 14, 2008, 12:40 AM   #35
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
He has ripped off hundreds of people and the people that purchase it cant complain about not recieving there illegal glock switch anyway.
Yeah, it's a real bummer when you pay someone to break the law for you and they don't hold up their end of the bargain.

On the bright side, by not actually sending the switch he has prevented "a large amount of people" from becoming felons. That's got to count for something...
Old December 14, 2008, 05:17 PM   #36
Csspecs

Some people don't learn to easy... It's a smart scam too, I have to say that it has crossed my mind before.. Sell something illegal online, collect the money and never send them anything... Who are they going to complain to?

But I think I would rather just make honest money.