The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old January 22, 2001, 04:41 PM   #1
Doegetter

Does anyone have one? Are they any good?
I was thinking of ordering one but am a little leery cause it seems to be too cheap. Thanks, Aaron
Old January 22, 2001, 05:29 PM   #2
Bill Mitchell
Staff Alumnus

Howdy,

The Millenium revolvers are made by Uberti, who make good quality clones of Old West guns. The Millenium has matt finish and brass gripframe, which accounts for it's price. For the price, they are really a pretty good deal. Don't shoot too hot of a load in one though, or you'll stretch the brass gripframe.

Bellicose Bill
Old January 24, 2001, 10:08 AM   #3
handgun357

I was also interested in the millenium revolver, but it did sound too inexpensive. I like the look of the brass gripframe, but not the fact that it can stretch.
Old January 24, 2001, 12:03 PM   #4
Poodleshooter

Looks interesting for a cheap shooter, but I think there are better deals on used weapons of slightly better quality. I got my Ruger Super Blackhawk for only $225 a few years back.
Old January 24, 2001, 05:32 PM   #5
Doegetter

Thanks for the info. I wonder if the gripframe can be replaced with steel. Guess I'll have to get one and play with it a little.
Aaron
Old November 26, 2005, 10:21 PM   #6
joet47

Good pistol

I have one of the Cabelas Millenium revolvers and have fired over 2000 rounds though it so far. Have to tighten up the screws every now and again but that's all. Absolutely don't think that you'll ever have any trouble with the brass grip housing as it is not subject to the pressure of the cartridge. My gun is accurate, smooth and reliable. It's not as strong as a Ruger, but not susposed to be. When I got my pistol I did not like the finish, a little too rough for my taste. I took the pistol apart and lightly buffed the entire pistol, giving the wear points on the gun a little extra buffing as to appear as natural wear. The result was very pleasing (to me), it looks like a old, worn, but well cared for Colt Revolver. I like and use this pistol a lot.
Old December 5, 2005, 09:48 AM   #7
timothy75

What did you use to buff it with?
Old December 8, 2005, 08:04 AM   #8
ulflyer

Joet47: any chance of some pics? I sent you a priv email but forgot to ask about pics.

ted
Old December 11, 2005, 12:30 PM   #9
joet47

buffing

Timothy75--I used a 6 inch cloth buffing wheel and fine buffing compound. You have to go easy or you get a streaked appearance on the steel, of course on the brass you can just polish it out.

Ulflyer--No problem on the pics, I'll have to take some but will do it soon as I can. I didn't get your email, been having some problems recently with regular mail going into my bulk folder which gets missed. So if you have some questions try the mail again.