The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old April 17, 2017, 02:04 PM   #1
Tinbucket

Bloomberg Threatens NRA Convention

The Examiner reports of/from Michael Bloomberg that his Groups will be in Atlanta to disrupt the NRA Convention.
These are not just anti Constitution Zealots.
Bloomberg finances,pays travel expenses and wages, indoctrinates, provides signs and so on.
Bloomberg, by his tone, has adopted the Communist way. Not protesting but "disruption." That means rioting in my vocabulary.
There will be children there and it could not only be traumatizing but dangerous for them as well as everyone .
If you don't have tickets nor a member of NRA com anyway and buy tickets there. Have a good time and not let these People assault, verbally nor physically.
I get no reply urging and injunction from gov Office.
It is time to declare Michal Bloomberg and his Groups and Members a terrorist organization, seeking destruction of our Constitution and denying Citizens their Right.imo
Old April 17, 2017, 03:41 PM   #2
5whiskey

Quote:
I get no reply urging and injunction from gov Office.
Because anyone has a right to stage a peaceable protest, within certain parameters. I'm sure Bloomberg has dotted his "I's" and crossed his "T's."

Quote:
It is time to declare Michal Bloomberg and his Groups and Members a terrorist organization, seeking destruction of our Constitution and denying Citizens their Right.
I guess we need to declare all States that do not mandate a jury trial for civil cases where the amount of damage is in excess of $20.00 terrorist organizations as well. After all, it is directly spelled out in the 7th Amendment. I don't mean to be condescending, but statements such as "label Michael Bloomberg a terrorist" does no service for our 2A freedoms. Terrorists kill innocent people for political gain through the use of violence. You may have a case or two where an inflamed protestor gets in a fist fight, but do not confuse this with a preordained maiming or slaughter of innocents. One is terrorism, one is clearly not.

As to resisting Michael Bloomberg's monetary assault on our 2A rights, I am with you 100%. Let's play the game with class, though. Class wins far more hearts and minds than crass.
Old April 17, 2017, 04:25 PM   #3
FITASC

Don't forget Soros.
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old April 17, 2017, 04:27 PM   #4
Tinbucket

Terrorism is terrorizing people, rioting...killing is certainly terrorism too.
$20.00???
Proportional defense/response?
When he says disruption that means terrorizing and if he follows course violence.
Old April 17, 2017, 04:48 PM   #5
5whiskey

Quote:
seeking destruction of our Constitution and denying Citizens their Right.imo
And denying people the right to peaceable assembly is unconstitutional as well. We have to apply the constitution in all aspects of American life, we can not just pick and choose the amendments that serve our purpose at the time. What if this is a lawful assembly, do you still oppose it? If you do, then you seek to destroy a portion of the constitution.

Quote:
Terrorism is terrorizing people, rioting...killing is certainly terrorism too.
It is quite a stretch to say that rioting is terrorism. Rioting is a criminal act, yes. Terrorism? Not necessarily. If the rioters started planting bombs on cars with NRA stickers? Yup, terrorism. Blocking the street, or heckling someone who is OCing a pistol? Nope, not terrorism. Getting angry and getting into fistfights? I don't know, who started the fight? Did they plan on using physical violence, or did it just occur because of a heated environment? Was it just a simple case of fisticuffs, and was it a fair fight? Did Bloomberg pay for their fight training?

Quote:
When he says disruption that means terrorizing and if he follows course violence.
Do you have a crystal ball? Do you know that there will be roving bands of Bloomberg lackey's with baseball bats beating people? Disruption could literally mean blocking the street. As mentioned earlier, that's a crime (most of the time) but a far cry from terrorism. Surely you know this if you're intellectually honest.
Old April 17, 2017, 04:52 PM   #6
DukeConnor

So,,,,If I join the protest group, I get free room, board and travel to the NRA convention?
Old April 17, 2017, 05:11 PM   #7
Chris_B

Duke, I like how you think
Old April 17, 2017, 06:14 PM   #8
Tinbucket

I thought about it and if you thought I meant violent confrontation. Not the intention but whatever their size of group they can be faced down.
It won't come to that I've been assured a few minutes ago.

As far as signing on with Bloomberg go for it.
I have not heard details of how much etc he pays and transport and lodging etc.
George Soros pays 50.00 per event, plus 15.00 an hour plus travel and lodging, if you meet conditions and show up as expected and if you actually raise heck.
Soros probably has more money than Bloomberg but I don't remember those details.
These Billionaires make more on investments, in a day etc than they spend on all their subversive activities in a month perhaps.
The object is to get the media to take the story and expand on it, such as larger crowds and any violence is of course our not their fault.
They don't change our minds but our Legislators and Politicians respond to them like they do Polls and those in their camp use the as propaganda.
Only fractions of the population are against the Second Amendment so they and the media make them seem larger. For instance in Tn only a hand full, mostly new comers support any anti Second Amendment measures but Haslam, Bloomberg's man has killed Constitutional Carry every year.
He likes the huge sum that Permits bring in.
Old April 17, 2017, 06:35 PM   #9
5whiskey

Quote:
As far as signing on with Bloomberg go for it.
I have not heard details of how much etc he pays and transport and lodging etc.
George Soros pays 50.00 per event, plus 15.00 an hour plus travel and lodging, if you meet conditions and show up as expected and if you actually raise heck.
I almost wish someone would do some U/C and do a major story about these paid protests. Everyone with a brain knows that it happens. Look at the "help wanted" craigslist adds and 1/3rd of them will be non-profit with ties to Soros, Bloomberg, or some similar ilk. Showing major coverage of someone being paid to protest would be an eye-opener for a lot of people who believe the "battle of berkley" and similar events is a grass-roots "I'm here to protest because it's what I believe in" affair. Bonus points if the U/C tells the organizer that they are just in it for them money and don't really care about the cause. Paid or not, it's a constitutional right. It would be an eye opener for the general population if some of the "grass roots protests" were exposed as being protestors for hire, though.

Tinbucket we may disagree on style, but trust me when I say that we have the same mission overall.
Old April 17, 2017, 06:45 PM   #10
DukeConnor

I could never get away with it. I can't fit into skinny jeans.
Old April 17, 2017, 07:32 PM   #11
JoeSixpack

No one's ever offered me money to attend a pro-gun rally.

lol really says something that they have to hire people to protest.

I'd be tempted to trick them for transport.. but it would be a one way trip and I really have no desire to attend.. can always catch it online.
Old April 18, 2017, 08:31 AM   #12
Armorer-at-Law

Quote:
There will be children there and it could not only be traumatizing but dangerous for them as well as everyone .
Keep your children safe from physical harm, but let them witness the idiocy of those who will publicly oppose liberty.
Old April 18, 2017, 10:33 AM   #13
44 AMP
Staff

While I realize that there are various legal fictions (and I'm sure Bloomberg & company are aware of and using every "loophole" in the law they can), in the mind of most people, if you PAY someone to do something for you, you have hired them, and they are your employee.

And, as the employer, you are morally responsible for what employees do and say while in your employ. You may have set it up so you are not LEGALLY responsible, (and I'm sure they have) but I see no way they can avoid the moral responsibility. Nor should they be allowed to...

If someone obtains actual proof of their leadership ordering, or encouraging violence, (and not just their heated rhetoric,) and some tragic incident does happen, don't they share the blame, even if in law they cannot be punished??

I would think so.

Also, I would think that any kind of violence, deliberately enacted by these people is a public demonstration of their hypocrisy.

Declare Bloomberg etc., a terrorist group, because of what they SAY? No, I don't think that would be right. Now, if they DO what terrorists do, that would be a different matter.
Old April 18, 2017, 11:01 AM   #14
ATN082268

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 AMP
And, as the employer, you are morally responsible for what employees do and say while in your employ. You may have set it up so you are not LEGALLY responsible, (and I'm sure they have) but I see no way they can avoid the moral responsibility. Nor should they be allowed to...
An actual written contract to cause chaos and mayhem at an event would be a very interesting read...
Old April 18, 2017, 11:08 AM   #15
Evan Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinbucket
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5whiskey
I almost wish someone would do some U/C and do a major story about these paid protests. Everyone with a brain knows that it happens. Look at the "help wanted" craigslist adds and 1/3rd of them will be non-profit with ties to Soros, Bloomberg, or some similar ilk. Showing major coverage of someone being paid to protest would be an eye-opener for a lot of people who believe the "battle of berkley" and similar events is a grass-roots "I'm here to protest because it's what I believe in" affair. Bonus points if the U/C tells the organizer that they are just in it for them money and don't really care about the cause. Paid or not, it's a constitutional right. It would be an eye opener for the general population if some of the "grass roots protests" were exposed as being protestors for hire, though.
Every claim along these lines has been shown to be false.

If you can't provide actual evidence for this, please don't use this forum as a vehicle for spreading this sort of thing.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...march-protest/
http://www.snopes.com/anti-trump-pro...d-into-austin/
http://www.snopes.com/paid-protester...-inauguration/
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...nald-trump-it/
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/20/b...eads.html?_r=0

And I'll just remind everyone of this, from TFL's rules:
Quote:
5. Topics and conduct that will not be tolerated:
<snip>
e. Conspiracy threads or posts
Old April 18, 2017, 11:57 AM   #16
TXAZ

The terrorism charge won't stick, much less be investigated.

There are more than 100 legal definitions of "Terrorism", and most don't agree (the FBI and DoJ's definitions don't agree, go figure, nor does DoD's).

So one man's terrorist (gun-waving, spoils-of-war-wife-taking, diatribe repeating) is considered a 'freedom fighter', while others consider them SWAT problems.

In the prior federal administration, specific groups which had met many of the US definitions were labeled political groups and their antics of intimidation and murder were overlooked. I expect that may change under Trump, but don't see the former mayor's antics meeting federal terrorism charges.

So the terrorism labeling isn't going very far.

Cave illos in guns et backhoes
Old April 18, 2017, 01:17 PM   #17
5whiskey

Quote:
Every claim along these lines has been shown to be false.
Certainly some of the sensational claims have been shown to be, well, sensational. Some of your quoted articles aren't exactly bastions of thorough reporting, however. From Snopes:

Quote:
Anyone can post an ad to Craigslist and Backpage for free (or a minimal fee). The existence of “paid protester” ads on one of these sites does not in itself document that anyone is actually attempting to hire protesters for a fee.
Translation: "The ads exist, but you can't 'PROVE' that they aren't a hoax." The ads exist. Even now...

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/search/npo

About half of those are for paid "organizers" and "canvassers." I understand the importance of fact checking and not spreading rumor. I haven't taken pictures of buses and "assumed" they were bused in protesters. Speaking of "bussed in" protestors though...

http://www.npr.org/2014/08/21/342207...ed-in-ferguson

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...hopes-to-spur/

Hardly made up news from an alt-right blogger. Now this doesn't prove the Ferguson protestors were paid, but they were in fact "bussed in." "Bussed in" by umbrella non-profits receiving money from Soros.

There is a phenomenal amount of fake news out there. There are alt-right and alt-left bloggers making stuff up. There are "fact check" sights that state that corroborating evidence is not concrete proof, so the allegations can not be truth. Corroborating evidence is not concrete proof, but the lack of concrete proof does not mean the evidence that does exist is of no value. There are also mainstream media organizations who willfully refuse to report facts that do not support their partisan narrative.
Old April 18, 2017, 07:09 PM   #18
Rembrandt

Some years ago Bloomberg stated his reason for opposing firearms.....in his mind, if he threw enough money at the issue it would be atonement for his earthly life towards his life in eternity. In essence, he was trying to buy favor in heaven, to him this seemed like a righteous endeavor.
Old April 19, 2017, 07:20 AM   #19
CowTowner

I look at all this and come away with one thought. The city of Atlanta is the winner.
NRA money or Bloomberg money, it's getting spent in Atlanta. Payroll for some companies will be met and bills will get paid.
Protest or no, Atlanta wins.
“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life......” President John F. Kennedy
Old April 19, 2017, 09:36 AM   #20
natman

Quote:
Protest or no, Atlanta wins.
Now all they need to do is keep the freeways from burning down or blowing up.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/31/us/no-...terstate-fire/

http://ktla.com/2017/04/17/section-o...ider-into-air/
Old April 19, 2017, 10:40 AM   #21
Glenn E. Meyer

I have to say this. I have absolutely no use for Bloomberg's position. In fact, I continually post about the 'private property business ban debate' in which gun rights supporters buy into his deliberate strategy to make carry useless by location bans in places open to the public. But that's for another thread.

However, if his supporters abide by the law to demonstrate or lobby for his position, that cannot be described as terroristic and that the demonstrations (if lawful) should be interfered with.

Such a position is no different from the current thought police on college campuses who try to shut down speakers or harass and fire those who publish views that they view as not politically correct.

Liberty is not just being a gun fan.
Old April 19, 2017, 11:44 AM   #22
rickyrick

Why don't some of you join opposing groups and see what they are up to. I do it, I read their books and go to their rallies when I can. What they really want is more disturbing than some of the rumors going around.
I've seen no evidence that individuals are paid to protest. But there is lots of facilitation of these events.
Most of the resistance leaders are criminals with a stage.
Corporations encourage employees to protest, many while on the clock.
Schools have allowed known criminals on public school grounds to protest.
Public high schools have let their students and STAFF go protest during school hours.
I have been to the protests, some of the participants are terrorists by all definitions. I support protesting, I don't support violence, arson and other property damage.
I have witnessed rioters using children as shields.
The news cleans them up good and proper.

Protesters are not getting paid directly, but participation is encouraged and sponsored.
Some protest groups are indeed terrorists.
Old April 19, 2017, 12:09 PM   #23
BarryLee

I suppose a lot depends on how you define terrorism. One definition I’ve seen says something like, “the use of violence to create fear and achieve a political end” or something similar. Now, as a resident of Atlanta I’m considering attending the convention, but the images of black hooded masked men beating up people on the street gives me pause. Might these same folks roll into Atlanta? Quite honestly traffic and not the fear of a bunch of masked hoods will keep me away, but using violence or the threat of violence to scare people seems wrong to me regardless of what you call it.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old April 19, 2017, 12:39 PM   #24
5whiskey

Quote:
Liberty is not just being a gun fan.
I agree with you 100%. Peaceable assembly is just as enshrined in the constitution as the RKBA. Without further discussing paid protestors or not, I would cede that it doesn't matter. You have a right to protest (peaceably) regardless of your personal motive.
Old April 19, 2017, 01:53 PM   #25
rickyrick

I agree, and the key term is peaceable, not violence