The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 17, 2008, 02:14 AM   #1
rickdavis81

2 weeks off from work, lots of reloading

My place of employment is shutting down for two weeks during christmas. So I've decided that it would be a good time to catch up on my reloading. I ordered 1k .45 brass and 1k .45 lead bullets. I already had bought the primers and powder. And I've got around 1k .223's to load up with components already bought. And another 200 .308 and 200 25-06. With my single stage I figure I should have carpal tunnel by the time I'm done. That thrown in with all the animals I'm going to plan to try and put in the freezer I should be in good shape after Christmas. Anybody else having to take time off during Christmas?
Old December 18, 2008, 06:33 PM   #2
The Lovemaster

Not much time off here but hopefully some coyotes will meet their maker thanks to me!

And have fun loading the .45!
Old December 18, 2008, 06:53 PM   #3
ZX10Aviator

haha nice, what are you going to do with the other 1.25 of a week off...
Old December 18, 2008, 07:12 PM   #4
DaveInPA

Wow that is a load of loading on a single stage. Ouch.
Old December 18, 2008, 09:03 PM   #5
rickdavis81

I'll probaly spend the rest of my time doing a little coyote hunting myself. And alot of duck hunting, we're dubbing it Duck Orgy 2008. And probaly a little alchohol consumption.
Old December 18, 2008, 09:11 PM   #6
two 70

I'm quite sure it's not the reloading that is causing the carpal tunnel.
Old December 18, 2008, 11:25 PM   #7
Lilswede1

Waitin for Santa

Im from NW Wash. state, have a self-loading log truck and no logs to haul.
Mills arent buying because they cant sell the lumber they already got. Loggers arent logging because mills arent buying.
SOOOO. I got a couple thou .223 to load up before next the next trip to Montana this spring.
Santa's supposed to bring me a RCBS Trim Mate. I'm decapping and sizing all the ammo now.
Started to our range (private) yesterday but it was too d-mn cold and the snow was a foot deep so turned around - stoked up the fire in the shop and played with the reloading stuff Santa already brought me.
Love that Mrs. Santa. I just circle the stuff I need in Cabela's catalog and "POOF" it appears on the back porch.
Xmas is great.
Old December 19, 2008, 06:18 AM   #8
DWARREN123

Last weekend I reloaded 1,250 rounds of 40 S&W. I had to deprime and size, bell case mouth and then prime and load, took awhile but felt good doing it.
I love reloading then shooting them!
Old December 19, 2008, 07:13 AM   #9
armedtotheteeth

I seem to never get finished reloading. Every time i load up these Bullets, they seem to end up empty in a old bucket. I usually leave the range with a huge smile and gunpowder residue on my smiling teeth.

I have loaded gazillions of rounds on single stage.
It just takes a little organization, and alot of empty coffee cans to hold the different operation your doing. I figure 2 coffee cans will hold the 1250 S&W.
Old December 19, 2008, 11:56 AM   #10
Ozzieman

Me too, two weeks of off work bliss, today has been a good day for reloading since I live in Indiana and we have about 1 inch of ice on everything including roads.
I have a box about 18X12 and 4 inches deep filled with 9mm that are clean and ready to start. I have close to 1000 44 special that are primed and ready for the last stage and enough 45 ACP that are ready for cleaning that they will fill my large vibrate cleaner 3 times.
I think that just maybe I am ready for a Dillon.
Last weekend I finished loading 300 .223 and I just wish anything that some one made a set of carbide dies for rifle cases. They probably do but cost the price of a small new compact car.