The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old May 5, 2008, 08:54 PM   #1
Longun

Help Please

Have a Gambles .22 short bolt Action. Can any one tell me any history on this long gun
Date of manufacture. What state and town it was made in. what it retailed for and its worth today It is in fair condition. I have done a search on google & TFL and have found nothing.
Is it worth putting on my rider for insurance.

Thanks Longun

People ask why we have so many gun’s we tell them we don’t own any they belong to are
Great , Great Grandchildren we are jest the caretakers.
Old May 6, 2008, 06:04 PM   #2
RJay

Gambles didn't make firearms, they only sold them under the Gambles name. It was made by one of the then current gun makers, Savage, Mossberg, Nobel or any one of a dozen others. There are two things you can do. 1. List all the markings and perhaps someone on the board can help you. 2. Go to Numrich Gun Parts Corp. site, on their home page. lower right is a list of cross references. You can look up the maker yourself.
Old May 6, 2008, 07:06 PM   #3
Longun

Thanks

Thank you RJay Went Numrich and found what I needed. Lived in Scottsdale for ten years. Sure do mis the hikes in the mountains went most every weekend.