The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old June 21, 2011, 09:24 PM   #1
gadawg31

Remington Rolling Block Questions

Hello all,

I have run into a road block with my recent adventure. This past weekend, I came across an interesting single shot rifle and bought it from a friend. I managed to search down and learn that it is a Remington Rolling Block #6 22 rifle. One problem is that the stock is missing and the stock bolt is broke off in the rifle. I have managed to get the bolt piece out and re-tapped it, however now I can't find a stock. I have searched high and low and no luck, so I was wondering if any of you have any resources for getting stocks. If I have to make one, that is ok, but I would rather save the energy and buy one if they are resonable or even around. Thanks.

gadawg
Old June 22, 2011, 01:13 AM   #2
Ideal Tool

Hello, I don't have info in front of me..will check back...check out the single shot exchange..Brett Boyd will stear you in right direction.. Treebone carving just popped into my head. You might want to give Lone Star Rifle corp. a call..they build modern made rolling blocks.
Old June 22, 2011, 04:56 AM   #3
Scorch

#6 rolling block stocks were basically just a board cut tp look like a straight grip stock. Just rig something up.
Old June 22, 2011, 09:07 AM   #4
gadawg31

Thanks Tool I will look into those suggestions. If I have to make one that would be fine, but it seem a shame not to go back with original parts if I can. Oh well, we will see what happens and I will post pics once it is done. Thanks.
Old June 22, 2011, 06:21 PM   #5
DnPRK

http://macongunstocks.net/remington_...stocks_54.html
Old June 22, 2011, 06:51 PM   #6
gadawg31

Thanks DnPRK, but they don't carry any stocks for my model. I have the Model #6 IMPROVED and it even tells you on the website they will not fit. Thanks for the website, I can possibly use it for later down the road. Back to my searches and my wood. I bought some Red Oak today and will have a go at it tomorrow. Thanks for all the input.

gadawg
Old June 25, 2011, 08:14 PM   #7
winchestermodel12

Try gunbroker.com
It may take awhile to find one. It took me 3-4 months to find mine.