The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 11, 2011, 02:32 PM   #1
todd3465

Tapping a KG-99 Rear Cap?

Okay, before I get tons of posts about their "worth", please note that I have it just because. Mainly just to have since it was their first version of a legal semi-auto machine pistol.

Now having said that, I have a KG-99 and I want to put a threaded rear end cap on it, in the same way that the TEC-9, DC-9, AB-10s all had. At first I was torn between just leaving it original, but as luck would have it an original non-threaded rear cap is the only part I can't find, and I thought I might as well make it at least safe(r) to fire - in case I get the notion.

So, my question is does anybody know what size tap would be needed? I have a rear cap from a later model. There are only a few threads there, so I want to make sure I get it right. I don't have a large diameter tap and die set to test it against and most thread guides at a hardware store (the ones they have on display for you to test thread size) don't go that big.

Any ideas?
Old March 13, 2011, 05:43 PM   #2
Wasper

Bring it to a gunsmith or machine shop and have them measure it.