The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 6, 2009, 11:12 PM   #51
goose13

Quote:
Please keep in mind my main concern is a second defensive pistol with better ammo availability than a 40.
Browse the shelfs at many different stores and ranges in your area and see what seems to have a better ammo availability in your area. Around me .40 actually has a better availability than 9mm and 45acp. But then 9mm has a better availability than 45 acp, trust me it's a pain in my area to find decent priced ammo for my 1911.

Now I saw the guns you are between are the Glock 19, and Glock 21sf, I've fired the 19 and the 21 but not the SF model, I liked the 19 how it felt and how I shot it, my 2 favorite glocks are the 19 and the 23. Personally though for 9mm I love my M&P 9c, it's been super reliable and an all around great pistol.
Old December 6, 2009, 11:15 PM   #52
pacerdude

Thanks goose13. I got lucky last night at Bass pro and picked up another box (50 rounds) of ammo for my M&P. But there is still a freakin ammo shortage throughout metro atlanta, and even out in athens where uga is.

I am leaning a little more towards the Glock 19 RTF version.

Tags
glock