The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old September 14, 2018, 12:43 PM   #26
Rifletom

This is an interesting thread and most here mentioning their age and regards to firearms.
I stopped big game hunting in 2012 at age 62. Sold/traded number of rifles to buy shotguns for upland bird chasing. Seems lately tho, I've been to the range or desert and shoot .22 rifles and my Henry.357/.38. Did keep my older Sako Finnbear .270 and mod 94. Those are keepers. So, there's my tale.
Old September 15, 2018, 08:19 AM   #27
cw308

Reality check , I'm enjoying retirement , shooting , reloading and doing things you want too . I'm 71 and talking to my Son about retirement he's 48 , I said your day will come soon enough time goes by so fast . Then I realized chances are most likely I won't be around . I was thinking how much fun we will have when we're both retired . I guess your mind doesn't age , thinking it will never end. Until my time comes I will make the best of it . Make every day count . Be Well

Chris
Old September 15, 2018, 09:38 AM   #28
ammo.crafter

senior dilema

This stinks!

First thing I did to compensate for lower vision is RED DOT SIGHT use. This has kept me participating in PPC competition.to rack the slide.

I did switch from 41 mag loads to 41 Special loads so that I can enjoy my S&W mod 57.

I guess we have to adjust and accept things in life.
Old September 15, 2018, 09:30 PM   #29
Rifletom

Gettin' older ain't for lightweight's. Being retired for two years now, you just make some adjustments. Slower pace and my shooting is more enjoyable as I don't have to think about when I can shoot. I just load up some rounds, get my gear and go. Just as soon as the "honey-do's" are taken care of.