The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old November 11, 2018, 10:34 PM   #1
Cheapshooter

Beretta M71 can suggestions

Just bought a Beretta M71 that has had the faux suppressor removed. Thinking about diving into the can rabbit hole. What would be the most "authentic" looking suppressor for it. I have heard a can that fits the 1/2-20 threads are pretty much non existant. So I am thinking in advance, and ordering a 1/2-20 to 1/2-28 adapter.
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old November 12, 2018, 12:28 PM   #2
dogtown tom

Yes, you'll need an adaptor.

The fake silencer pinned/welded to the Beretta 70/71's were strictly to earn enough points to be importable after 1968.

The internets say that the Mossad used them: https://www.tactical-life.com/firear...mossad-22-lrs/ in the '60's and '70's.

"Mossad issue" is not unlike "CIA issue", usually 90% myth, 10% fact.
That aside, the fake silencer in my eyes is probably not far off from what may have been used. An authentic silencer would be a '60's era design. Probably steel, painted and heavy. It may also have used wipes instead of baffles.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE