The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old November 20, 2020, 08:46 PM   #26
Bob Wright

Here I have Eagle Secret Service grips in rosewood on three out of four little Smith & Wessons:

And here a pair of elk stag from Eagle on a "Super" Blackhawk .45:

Never had a problem with any as to fit. Be aware that the rosewood is not Brazillian rosewood but is an Indian rosewood.

I have been well satisfied with all of my purchases from Eagle.

Bob Wright
Old November 21, 2020, 12:16 PM   #27
FlyFish

I have just a single experience with Eagle. Bought a pair of their Heritage grips for a 629 and wasn't real happy with the fit - there was a small, but noticeable gap between the top of the RH grip and the frame. Called Eagle and was told that there's a lot of variation in the dimensions of S&W frames (funny - never had a fit problem with other manufacturer's grips) and that I could send them the gun at my expense and they'd custom fit the grips, which I wasn't about to do. I liked the grips otherwise and you really had to look to see the gap, so I ended up keeping them as is, but haven't gone back to Eagle because of that.

FWIW, I recently put a pair of Altamont conversion grips on an old 586 I bought that had been converted to a round butt and they fit so well you would think they'd been molded to the gun.
Old November 21, 2020, 01:28 PM   #28
T. O'Heir

OP is from 2006.
Eagle Grips is alive and apparently well though. Assuming it's the same guys.
https://www.eaglegrips.com/
Old November 21, 2020, 01:37 PM   #29
Stophel

It seems if you order from Eagle, ya spin the wheel, ya takes ya chances..... and your chances ain't very good.

I tried a pair of Eagle grips some years ago. Pretty much garbage. Didn't fit worth a d--n. My advice is don't waste your time or money.
Old November 22, 2020, 10:12 PM   #30
Bottom Gun

Customer service is terrible.

Mechanical engineers have their moments.
Old November 22, 2020, 10:54 PM   #31
Rob228

I had a S&W 42 with Eagle Secret Service grips and they were good looking and functional. However that revolver was made in the 60s and I think the grips were too.
Old November 24, 2020, 07:57 AM   #32
rodfac

I ordered up a pair of birds eye maple grips, on the phone, asked that they not be finished as I wanted to do it myself...gun was a M19 S&W...they fit correctly, were made of good quality birds eye and turned out just fine...and had 'em in a cpl weeks. This was a cpl of years ago. HTH's Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.