The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old September 4, 2021, 11:28 AM   #26
Ignition Override

Mk70ss:

You might be aware of this-

Plenty of people are Afraid of ordering ammo online.
They seem to believe that any day now…an X-Files black helicopter will land near their home and secret agents will want to see their Legally-Purchased ammo hoard.

Or something similar. Not kidding.

Im a little bit acquainted with a guy who has read books about conspiracies (Masons , the “&&&&” etc), and wouldnt rule anything out.

Last edited by Ignition Override; September 4, 2021 at 12:32 PM.
Old September 4, 2021, 12:49 PM   #27
vito

You mean they won’t?
Old September 5, 2021, 12:33 PM   #28
langenc

To the posters #1 and #2 (and probably several others:

The situation of no ammo on shelves will still be the norm come 2024 and probably beyond.

Not to politicize but Covid restrictions/variations will also be as now, or worse..
Old September 5, 2021, 10:45 PM   #29
Cirdan

My range takes the expended brass and reloads it. That way they have some inventory to sell to members.

Not sure where they're getting powder and primers these days.
Old September 7, 2021, 04:56 PM   #30
TruthTellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignition Override View Post
Mk70ss:

You might be aware of this-

Plenty of people are Afraid of ordering ammo online.
They seem to believe that any day now…an X-Files black helicopter will land near their home and secret agents will want to see their Legally-Purchased ammo hoard.

Or something similar. Not kidding.

Im a little bit acquainted with a guy who has read books about conspiracies (Masons , the “&&&&” etc), and wouldnt rule anything out.
It won't be a black helicopter of van full of heavily armed Federales, it'll be one FBI intern and a pair of state troopers in a marked car who come by to enforce whatever new law or emergency order dealing with gun registration or bans and everyone who bought their gun legally will bow before the badge and hand over their guns without hesitation.
Old September 7, 2021, 05:37 PM   #31
Carl the Floor Walker

FUBAR

It is going to be bad in the next three years. Save your ammo you do have, buy as much as you can now. Look at the MESS all across the world and we are only into 7 months. I truly believe we will also have a Terror Attack soon. Covid shut downs coming again, and inflation just getting warmed up. I have even been stocking up on Pellet air rifle ammo.
I am not worried about Police coming to my door as they destroy the 2A. They will have their hands full,with a total population that is FUBAR.
Old September 8, 2021, 09:43 AM   #32
kenny53

I am seeing a lot more ammo in the shops and prices are not that bad. I am seeing 45acp for $31-$35 a box. Not the best price but at least I am seeing it. In the big box stores I am almost every caliber. I believe the worst is behind us.