The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old October 30, 2022, 03:19 PM   #1
rparker1866

just a heads up. sarusa wont warranty my 2 week old K245.

i hopping to not have anyone else be stuck with a screwed gun.

the guys name at * ive been talking to is Felix Torres

when i first asked what could be done. he said i need to send him a recipt with date and serial number.

i havent had to produce that before with any firearm company.

but i did manage to get it. now he wont responed to emails. or phone calls

the problem is it wont sight in. dave at cajungun works. and a guy at novak sights, said the lockup is off

its shoots about a 5in group at 10 yards.

beware this is a company that warranty there product
Old October 31, 2022, 09:19 AM   #2
dogtown tom

Are they not answering the phone?

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO US, PLEASE CALL 1-833-727-4867

Quote:
he said i need to send him a recipt with date and serial number.

i havent had to produce that before with any firearm company.
Warranty registration is required by a number of manufacturers.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old October 31, 2022, 12:01 PM   #3
rparker1866

i have called many times. left many messages.
and emails. manymany emails no responce
Old October 31, 2022, 12:54 PM   #4
reddog81

A lot of people out there shoot groups 5" at 10 yards or worse. I have no idea what you're skill set is but I'd start by having someone else shoot the gun and see what happens.
Old October 31, 2022, 04:33 PM   #5
rparker1866

im actually quite good. this is off a rest. its almost on. 3 in to the left.
i cant move the sight any futher. that is what it means to have the lockup off.
thats what cajungun works told me
Old October 31, 2022, 06:27 PM   #6
VAGuy

Did Cajun Gun Works even look at the gun? Sounds like you shot it, called them up on the phone, and just asked them what it could be. Where are pictures or video of the gun? Why not post some? Can you post a video of you actually shooting the gun?
Old October 31, 2022, 06:34 PM   #7
Nathan

Does the gun feed, fire and extract well enough? Just doesn’t shoot to the aim of the sights?

Did you send it to CGW and Novaks?

Any pictures of the lock up?
Old October 31, 2022, 06:36 PM   #8
44caliberkid

I have had to have the purchase receipt, name of the store where purchased, provide a serial number and other info for any guns I’ve sent back in the last 15 years. (Smith & Wesson, Chiappa, Cimarron) And in reading the manuals warranty information, they tell you to keep all that info, that’s for every remotely new gun I have. The warranty card always asks for purchase date and place (dealer). I like the economical guns from Turkey and the Philippines, but I also anticipate they may need a trip to the warranty station before they’re perfect.
I have an Iver Johnson 1911 38 Super (Philippines) that shot high left and 4” groups at 25 yards. After about 3 range trips and 400 rounds, I noticed the point of impact kept moving closer to center. My last trip to the range it was hitting center, in the black just above the X, and 2 1/2 to 3 inch group. I’m guessing the locking lugs were getting worn in.
Old November 1, 2022, 01:57 PM   #9
HiBC

I did a little shop math for a reality check. I don't claim my logic is perfect, but follow me on this.

The hypothesis is that "lockup" is responsible for a 5 in group at 10 yds. OK.

10 yds is 360 inches. I'm assuming a barrel length of 5 inches. Now we have a common unit (inch) That means the range is 72 "barrel lengths" . The proportional rules of geometry tell us that Misalignment of the axis of the barrel will be multiplied 72 times over 10 yds.

Now,"lockup" might include barrel bushing clearance, barrel underlug to slide stop clearance (elevation) locking lug area of the barrel to the slide, both up and down and sideways, or barrel hood to slide (maybe) sideways.

I'm saying you aim the sights on the slide. How much "lockup" variation is required to produce a 5 in group at 10 yds?

If we are talking the group radius (2.5 in) it would be 2.5 divided by 72 or something over .034 in barrel deflection in every directon. Total deflection for a 5 in group + and - would be twice that,or .068 +

So you are telling me that if I had your handgun in my hands I could wiggle the barrel within the slide over 1/16 inch. FWIW I don't think the locking lug full engagement is much over 1/16 inch.

Applying this to my "credibility filter" its nearly impossible to believe "lockup" would be root cause of a 5 inch group at 10 yards.

It would be interesting for you to try the old test of having a friend randomly load a dummy round in the mag. Note whether the muzzle stays stable after the hammer drops. A side view video would be a great analysis tool.

If the gun stays motionless when you drop the hammer on a dummy round...It MIGHT be a gun problem. (or a sighting problem or a gripping problem,etc All of which are non-gun problems)

But if the gun moves when you drop the hammer on a dummy round, Its not the gun that is the problem.

Try that for a step one trouble shoot. Good luck!
Old November 1, 2022, 04:20 PM   #10
Nathan

@HIBC…I like your math, but a decent shooter is likely 1-2” of that, right? …not sure, but I know I am 1-2” of that group at 15 yards.
Old November 1, 2022, 04:43 PM   #11
rparker1866

your not getting the point here. the rear sight. is all the way to the right,
and it still off left.

ive said the experance ive had with SARUSA. BY ONE see if you have better luck
Old November 1, 2022, 05:49 PM   #12
HiBC

I looked them up. For some reason I thought SARS had something to do with Springfield Armory. My mistake. It does not.

Its a Turkish Import. Could be like Forrest Gump's "Box of Chocolates"

It all might be as bad as you say.

I understand 1911's I'm happy with my S+W M+P's. I just don't care for the feel of a Glock but I'm sure they are a good gun. All can be had for a reasonable price. Philippine 1911's are OK by me. I might upgrade some parts.

Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by HiBC; November 1, 2022 at 06:55 PM.
Old November 1, 2022, 06:04 PM   #13
totaldla

Looks like a CZ75 clone. I am unfamiliar with that lockup. But it would have to be off so far that you could see it with the naked eye.
Old November 1, 2022, 06:18 PM   #14
VAGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBC View Post
I looked them up. For some reason I thought SARS had something to do with Springfield Armory. My mistake. It does not.

Its a Turkish Import. Could be like Forrest Gump's "Box of Chocolates"

It all might be as bad as you say.

I understand 1911's I'm happy with my S+W M+P's. I just don't care for the feel of a Glock but I'm sure they are a good gun. All can be had for a reasonable price.

Thanks for the heads up.
Sar Arms is a Turkish firearm manufacturer that has been manufacturing firearms for almost a century and a half, and they manufacture firearms for the Turkish military and L.E. They also export their firearms to countries around the world. They have been importing firearms into the U.S. for decades and are well thought of. I know of dozens of members across several firearm forums who own one, and the OP is the first and only complaint I have ever seen with regards to accuracy or any other serious issue.
  1. The OP purchased a new handgun.
  2. The OP promptly installed aftermarket sights from Cajun GunWorks. (Are they fixed or adjustable?)
  3. He couldn't get the gun sighted in after he installed the sights.
  4. He initially called Cajun Gunworks to complain.
  5. Cajun Gunworks blamed it on the lock up even though, like us, they never seen, fired, or handled the gun in question.
  6. The OP ran with that explanation as fact.

What is the link to the sites you ordered OP, and why haven't you posted any pictures yet?

Last edited by VAGuy; November 1, 2022 at 06:36 PM.
Old November 1, 2022, 06:48 PM   #15
HiBC

Nathan:
Quote:
@HIBC…I like your math, but a decent shooter is likely 1-2” of that, right? …not sure, but I know I am 1-2” of that group at 15 yards.
You are right! There are always lots of variables. I was simply trying to illustrate a point, Educating myself building a few 1911's I wondered about the practical accuracy advantages of tight vs moderate running clearances.
Such as .002 bushing clearance vs .005 or is there a real advantage to needing a bushing wrench?

If the goal is about breaking a line between a "9" score and a "!0" score, the little things count.

Many people look first to making the gun more accurate. Accurate guns are great!! But before I need the pistol smithing for 9 ring vs 10 ring, its good if I can keep them in the black.

Center of mass on a bad guy at 25 yds a bushing rattling .010 clearance on a 5 in barrel can add 1.8 in group size, or .900 from point of aim. Its worth improving, but its not 5 inches at 10 yds.

Its just a scale of reference thing. Mileage will vary
Old November 3, 2022, 03:07 PM   #16
rparker1866

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAGuy
The OP purchased a new handgun.
The OP promptly installed aftermarket sights from Cajun GunWorks. (Are they fixed or adjustable?)
He couldn't get the gun sighted in after he installed the sights.
He initially called Cajun Gunworks to complain.
Cajun Gunworks blamed it on the lock up even though, like us, they never seen, fired, or handled the gun in question.
The OP ran with that explanation as fact.
i did not change the sights.
i called to see if differant sights would help.
no one makes sights that fit this..
both cajun and novak said sights would not help.
the problem is the lockup
Old November 3, 2022, 03:28 PM   #17
HiBC

When I looked at a pic on the SARS web page, it seemed to me it was an adjustable rear sight attached to the gun with a dovetail.
If I understand your complaint, there is not enough windage adjustment in the sight to bring the group to target center.
What can be done,ordinarily, is drifting the sight assembly in the dovetail.

Which is often less simple than crushing the slide in a vise and whacking it with a claw hammer.

I suggest turning it over to a smith with enough tools and experience to keep it a simple job.

The math of dividing the sight radius in inches into the range in inches will get you the "multiplier" Sight movement times the multiplier will tell you the point of impact movement on target. That way you might know to drift the sight (for example) .040 before you start.

Thats how most "fixed" sights get adjusted
Old November 4, 2022, 01:16 PM   #18
rparker1866

then you have a crooked sight picture.
i expect more from a 600 dollar gun
Old November 4, 2022, 04:52 PM   #19
HiBC

Well.....Thank you for bringing it to my attention that I don't want to buy one of those.
But then,I never would have considered it,anyway..

T think $600 would have bought you a S+W or a Glock or a Ruger or a Springfield ....etc.

We all make mistakes. Some buy the wrong motor vehicle for $50 k

Some marry the wrong spouse. That can be "priceless". The damage is done.

Now what? Its just a flipping gun. Why let it ruin another day? Learn what you can and move on.
Old November 5, 2022, 01:15 PM   #20
rparker1866

i have all those.
i wanted something differant. this could be a great gun. cz clone. 14 rds 45
Old November 5, 2022, 05:02 PM   #21
tangolima

The pistol shoots 5” group centered way to the left. Something is not right. It is brand new. The manufacturer doesn't keep the promise to warranty the gun.

I would escalate to the high management of the manufacturer. But we all have limited time and resources, and we can only do this to a point.

When we reach that point it may be better to take the loss and not to do business with the said company again. If you still want to keep the pistol, you may have to spend more money to let a gunsmith work in it. If not, you may actually get quite a bit of the $600 back by parting out the gun. Sell them on eBay or gun forum.

-TL

PS did you look at the barrel's crown. It may have been dinged.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old November 6, 2022, 11:31 AM   #22
rparker1866

thats an idea. it would be a rotten thing to just sale it