The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old March 30, 2020, 12:36 AM   #26
Metal god

Quote:
Need to fix the faucet that has suddenly started spraying on the wall, even when turned off? Nah.

Need to clean a bunch of brass so it can be sized and prepped for reloading? Nah
Nah !

I like it , I'm going to try that next time something comes up

Quote:
I haven’t been laid off, not really an essential business, should be closed under the direction of the governor, but my employer is requiring me to work. My tasks cannot be done effectively at home, so I’ve been sneaking into work. I can’t resign, because that would nullify any unemployment claims I could make.
If we can’t work, my employer goes under. So I’m stuck without much choice.

The real kick-in-groin was that before all of this, I was originally going to start looking for a new career in the April-May timeframe... now it seems millions of others will be doing the same.
Nah

JK

wow that sucks and I guess good at the same time . I mean you could turn your boss in for forcing you to work but that would guaranty you lose your job and put you in that boat every body else will be in in the next month or two . Sorry to hear you're in such a bad spot right now . I can only hope your job allows you to be away from most people in a way that helps you avoid getting sick .

Hang in there , I'm rooting for ya .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .