The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old March 11, 2020, 10:30 AM   #1
Skans

Ammo Everywhere; Hoarders Move On To Hand Sanitizer...

It's now easy to find 22lr ammo for about $25/500 rounds. But, hand sanitizer is nowhere to be found, except at wacky inflated prices on silly auction sites. The hoarders have moved on because you apparently can't shoot Coronavirus with lead bullets.

Now I need to add gelatinized alcohol alongside boxes of ammo in my ammo closet, I suppose.

Seriously, I hope all of us who have been through ridiculous hoarding from an ammo perspective are not actually feeding into this B.S.
Old March 11, 2020, 10:49 AM   #2
zukiphile

One of the benefits of never having converted to bottled water, cellular phones and hand sanitizer is that I don't miss them when they are in short supply or don't work.

This may sound crazy, but if I want to clean my hands, I use soap and water. The advantage over gelatin and alcohol is that my hands feel clean afterward.

The silver lining for which I would wish from this hysteria is that people stop shaking hands.
Old March 11, 2020, 10:50 AM   #3
natman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skans View Post
It's now easy to find 22lr ammo for about $25/500 rounds. But, hand sanitizer is nowhere to be found, except at wacky inflated prices on silly auction sites. The hoarders have moved on because you apparently can't shoot Coronavirus with lead bullets.
At least not in California.
Old March 11, 2020, 01:04 PM   #4
Spats McGee
Staff

Amusing, but not really firearms-related.