The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old December 23, 2001, 01:02 PM   #1
Popsicle

Colt frontier scout .22 Nevada centennial commerative

I would like some info on a matched pair of Colt revolvers my father in law recently purchased. They are single action frontier scouts in a velvet ( blue) wood presentation case. Both of the revolvers have never been fired, and they have silver colored grip frames with deep blued cylinders and barrels. They also have pearl grips. The presentation case has a gold medallion that says centennial of the state of Nevada and all for our country on one side, and battle born with the number 36 on the other side. The guns are inscribed with 1864- Nevada Centennial- 1964 on the barrels. As a last note, they are sequentially numbered with 3653 and 3654. He paid 1000.00 for these and we were wondering if he did okay on the price. I thought he did, but would like to know what they would actually be worth. Thanks!

Pat Brophy
Old December 25, 2001, 05:09 AM   #2
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

Popsicle

My records indicate that there were approx 981 of these mfg'd around 1964/1965. Being a matched pair and NIB the price seems about right, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

HJN