The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old February 28, 2002, 03:01 PM   #1
rock_jock

Pro-Shot Products - Stay Away!!

I recently bought a Pro-Shot bore brush at a local dealer.
I really liked their product, but could only find a single caliber available at one store. Most places do not carry them. So, I looked them up online and called their company in Illinois http://www.proshotproducts.com/. No answer, but there was a message that said they would call back. OK, fine. Two days later, no call back. I again called, same thing. I figured I would try one more time and then give up on them. Finally, someone answered. When I told this guy that I was interested in purchasing some of their products, he very brusquely said they don't sell direct to the customer, only through dealers. "OK, I said, but I can't find anybody locally who carries your products. Do you know if one of your major customers possibly has a web site that I could order through?" At this point, the guy (already impatient) became downright rude and repeated his first statement. I then calmly told him that if was too much trouble, that I could just buy them from a competitor. He said fine and hung up on me.

Real good customer service. Just wanted to warn everyone about the type of people who work at this place.
Old March 19, 2002, 08:25 PM   #2
Byron Quick
Staff In Memoriam

Well, they apparently send catalogs to individuals according to their website.

I'd write a letter attention: department head/customer service detailing your experience. I think there is a good chance you got in touch with a disgruntled employee who just got a final warning or such.
Old April 9, 2002, 08:37 AM   #3
ankara36

That's a shame you got an a-hole on the phone. They make a decent product. I've had really good luck with their brushes and spear-tip jags.
Old April 22, 2002, 04:04 PM   #4
Faster Blaster

I realize you said you won't be buying their products, but in case you are curious, this is where I've been ordering my Pro-Shot supplies:

http://www.lockstock.com/cart/webcar...ml&CODE=493665
Old May 1, 2002, 04:45 AM   #5
coonan357

i've been buying stuff from them direct I don't see what the problem is just request a catalog .

You can't argue with a .357 Mag.
Well, you can try, but you'll end up bleeding an aweful lot. -GEORGE HILL 4-08-2002

My Coonan is Not For Sale please do not ask!
Old April 28, 2009, 09:06 AM   #6
JohnD

Pro Shot Products Owner

Dear Sir

I wanted to contact you about your message you have posted about Pro-Shot. Our goal is for every customer to be treated with great care and satisfaction. We are a small company that prides ourselves in personal service and quality products Made in America.

I apologize for my employee regarding our products, it is not acceptable. This person was dismissed regarding such dealings in the past, even before I read your post. If there is ever anything we can do to rebuild our relationship and move forward, I will be glad to speak with you. I never want any customer of our company not to be satisfied. Thank you for your time and I hope you will accept my apology. Sincerely John Damarin Owner
Old May 5, 2009, 07:40 AM   #7
algentry1

Pro-Shot

Just A FYI..

Pro-Shot is all I'll use. I have spent some $ on my guns, and I want to use the best products I can find. I trust my Pistols, and I want them to trust me, too.
I use a Pro-Shot yellow coated cleaning rod, on my 2 Colt SAAs, and my 2 Sigs.
Old May 5, 2009, 11:36 AM   #8
Shadi Khalil

One idiot can reek havoc on a companies reputation.

Quote:
Dear Sir

I wanted to contact you about your message you have posted about Pro-Shot. Our goal is for every customer to be treated with great care and satisfaction. We are a small company that prides ourselves in personal service and quality products Made in America.

I apologize for my employee regarding our products, it is not acceptable. This person was dismissed regarding such dealings in the past, even before I read your post. If there is ever anything we can do to rebuild our relationship and move forward, I will be glad to speak with you. I never want any customer of our company not to be satisfied. Thank you for your time and I hope you will accept my apology. Sincerely John Damarin Owner
But the ownership here sounds stand up.
Old May 6, 2009, 12:59 PM   #9
grymster2007

John,

rock_jock posted his message more than seven years ago and hasn't posted on this board for about six months.

One disgruntled customer and seven years of tracking him down to make it right. You do get an A for perseverance!