The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old August 4, 2008, 08:19 PM   #26
Joey Link

Not enough
Old August 4, 2008, 08:37 PM   #27
c4v3man

Tonight!
But technically it's not my carry weapon until it's added to my permit in another 3 weeks or so. Still helps me to get ready for my first IDPA match this weekend.
Old August 6, 2008, 05:45 AM   #28
mpage

Off and on for the past couple months I've been repetitively practicing drawing a 1911 in Condition One in order to get used to it in the event I'm CCW with it. I'm still not comfortable with it, though.

I have been practicing the tap, rack drill.

The one thing about the 1911 that is unfortunate, is that I can't practice a failure-to-feed drill, as that action can bend the extractor out of shape. I suppose I could practice that drill with my Hi-Power.
Old August 6, 2008, 05:57 AM   #29
evan1293

I used to do a TON of dry fire drills (reloads, breaking shots, etc). I tend not to do that as much anymore however. Within the past couple of years I did a real lot of live fire shooting, exhausting about 600-1k rounds a week. Married life coupled with the high cost of ammo has ebbed some of that, so now I tend to only shoot about 300 rounds every couple of weeks.

When I do go out, I do most of my shooting within 7-10 yards. I spend about 15-20% of each range session working on distance shooting (15yards +). Every so often I'll work on standard drills (bill drills, el presidentes, failure drills, etc).