The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 28, 2009, 10:55 AM   #1
madsensa

Question about odd single barrel

Some years ago at a gun show I saw an unusual shotgun. It was all metal with a pistol grip. I believe it may have had an AR-15 type stock but I'm not sure. The receiver was a metal tube with ventilation holes in the forward part. The barrel was pulled forward with a handle on the side and a shell put in the chamber. When the trigger was pulled the barrel slid back and hit a fixed firing pin at the rear of the receiver. Basically it was a factory version of the old pipe guns used by street gangs. I later saw a photo of the same gun in a magazine but can't remember the name. The gun looks like it had about three moving parts and would be dead simple to make. Does anyone know anything about the history of this gunand who made it? I can only imagine the recoil would be fierce, with the firing of the shell added to the weight of the barrel sliding back to hit the rear of the receiver.

Last edited by madsensa; January 28, 2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old January 28, 2009, 01:46 PM   #2
Slopemeno

IIRC, Cobray made that. I can't recall the name off the top but someone here will.

edit: The Terminator, perhaps?