The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old June 7, 2020, 10:38 PM   #1
Mr.RevolverGuy

Vudoo Sinister -- Lapua CenterX

If you had to make a bet here which one would you bet on?

https://youtu.be/qqK7gNWENWs

This is a video of the Vudoo Sinister only my second time shooting one. On this day I also shot my bedded CZ455 and a pristine Kimber Super America a beautiful specimen as you can tell by the target.

If you had not seen the target which one would you have bet on?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vudoo.jpg (375.1 KB, 34 views)
Old June 8, 2020, 01:35 AM   #2
stagpanther

Nice shooting. 22 rimfire not my thing (though I do have a 17 HMR) I didn't know such high tech (and bucks) went into a 22.
Old June 8, 2020, 07:58 AM   #3
Mr.RevolverGuy

Stagpanther,

Over the years I have been to many 22 matches and I have a bucket list to go to a NRL22 match. I know I don't dream big enough lol. At those matches even back in the 90's in Va there were rifles topping 2k I was shocked and it was a big turn off to me. Until I met people in the community who said ignore that bring what you got and lets have fun. We will help you ring out the best accuracy in what you have. There was so many people wanting to help.

Like you I sort of left 22 behind but I pulled an old rifle out of the back of the safe and lit the fire again. I forgot how much fun it truly is. Because the wind and conditions effects it so much I believe it is a great way to polish your skills also.

SO MUCH FUN and EDUCATION in 22LR
Old June 8, 2020, 09:35 AM   #4
stagpanther

Quote:
Like you I sort of left 22 behind but I pulled an old rifle out of the back of the safe and lit the fire again. I forgot how much fun it truly is. Because the wind and conditions effects it so much I believe it is a great way to polish your skills also.

SO MUCH FUN and EDUCATION in 22LR
Totally agree--you should try the 17 hmr or hmr mag--same soft touch but a lot faster with longer legs.
Old June 10, 2020, 09:52 AM   #5
jetinteriorguy

I bought a Savage B22 a couple of years ago that just astounds me. It’s got a heavy barrel and a cheap Bushnell .22 BDC scope on it. At 50 yds on a good day I can put 50 rounds in a 3/4” circle, and if I limit it to ten rounds easily into a 1/2” circle. The more I shoot at the hole it gets bigger because it’s harder to judge dead center when you don’t see where they hit every time. At 75yds a 3/4” circle is not hard and at 100yds it opens up to 1 1/2” inches. Crazy for a $200.00 rifle and a $35.00 scope. Only issue is the crappy magazine is a PITA to load. This is off a bench indoors with a bipod and small bag on the back of the stock. Also using Aquila Super Extra high velocity 40gr copper plated bullets. A close second is the CCI Mini Mags with the Hitech coating.
Old June 12, 2020, 07:31 AM   #6
Mr.RevolverGuy

for some reason not sure ammo or what but couldn't get the CZ455 with Hornady ammo to group as well. Having said that there is only about 50 rounds down the barrel when I tried someone elses.

Last edited by Mr.RevolverGuy; June 12, 2020 at 04:12 PM.