The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old April 10, 2020, 12:25 PM   #1
Prof Young

Illinois State Police do the right thing.

This is the official word from Illinois State Police as reported by WGEL radio news letter. Looks to me like it's a case of the ISP doing the right thing.

"The Illinois State Police filed emergency rules this week to address renewals of Firearm Owner Identification and Concealed Carry Licenses during the COVID-19 epidemic.

These rules are designed to provide FOID card holders and CCL relief from the renewal requirements during the effects of COVID-19 pandemic.

These rule changes are as follows:

FOID card holders, who submit their renewal application will remain valid during the duration of the state’s disaster proclamation and for a period of 12 months following the termination of the disaster, even if their renewal application is/was not submitted prior to expiration.

CCL licensees, who submit their renewal application, will remain valid during the duration of the state’s disaster proclamation and for a period of 12 months following its termination, even if their CCL renewal application was not submitted prior to expiration.

CCL licensees will not be required to immediately submit proof of three-hour training with their CCL renewal application.

CCL licensees will need to submit proof of their three-hour renewal training within 12 months following the termination of the state’s disaster proclamation in order to maintain the validity of their CCL license.

ISP will continue to enforce both FOID and CCL prohibitors. FOID card holders who receive revocation notices shall return their FOID and Firearm Disposition Record form to the Illinois State Police. CCL holders who receive revocation notices shall return their CCL license to the Illinois State Police.

These new rules are effective immediately."

Life is good.
Prof Young
Old April 11, 2020, 01:38 AM   #2
Mike38

Saw that yesterday at the gun club I'm a member of. As anti as Illinois can be at times, a real shocker. Maybe the threats of law suits from the Illinois State Rifle Association woke them up? Glad to see someone in the ISP has some common sense. My CCL is due for renewal by November, and I was starting to get nervous.
Old April 11, 2020, 07:33 PM   #3
Onward Allusion

Between the Governor keeping the gun stores open and now the State Police issuing extensions on FOID & CCL, I feel like I am living in Bizarro World.