The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old January 11, 2010, 09:40 PM   #26
P99AS9

If you really want a FA that badly, buy a cheap $3000 MAC-10 or Uzi from Sturmgewehr or someplace.
Old January 11, 2010, 10:01 PM   #27
Italian_Marksman94

Okay whatever david, I tried to be nice again and just say that the US isnt worth leaving for nothing in my opinion but whatever, way to be mature, Im glad that my 16 year old self could show maturity more than a adult man, Im sorry if I "Disgusted" you but this is supposed to be a civil form where we should all have are opinions respected, sure they can be challenged or proved wrong but you dont have to bash someone about their beliefs.
Old January 11, 2010, 10:33 PM   #28
Willie Lowman

Quote:
buy a cheap $3000 MAC-10 or Uzi
Yeah, Macs are cheap when compared to other machineguns. Uzis cost twice what Macs do.

Speaking as a blue collar guy who likes to play in the NFA world, these guns are almost prohibitively expensive. Most people can't drop three grand on a gun. Especially a gun that will burn $5 worth of ammo in two seconds.

I was forced to sell my Uzi because I had a terrible work year. I will get another, I may be a few years but I will have another. Most regular folks can't ever justify spending over six thousand dollars on a gun.

I will say to anyone reading this thread, if you are a gun owner, hunter, hobby shooter, whatever, don't bash on the NFA people. We are the the people at the front of the gun rights struggle. We aren't going to try to sell out the clay target shooters with their stupid shot guns that aren't good for anything but shooting clay. We don't bash on the cowboy action shooters with their single action pistols that would be a poor choice for a defensive handgun. NFA owners don't get after bench rest shooters because they spend so much time aiming single shots with rifles so heavy they take two men and a boy to move.

If you don't like machineguns, fine. We do. You don't hear us complaining about the type of shooting you like to do.
Old January 16, 2010, 07:33 AM   #29
David Hineline

Ok I will give you a pass, I had no reason to belive you weren't old enough to even buy a gun yet. Keep the interest, do more research on how bad the gun laws are in Illinois and be supportive of those who like guns other than what you like. Keep in mind many of us have been fighting against those who would take away guns for longer than you have been alive, and it fluffs our feathers when people speak against something that has been so important to us for so long.

Tags
big mac