The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old March 18, 2017, 06:11 AM   #76
Spats McGee
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglebob
I was wanting to quote DeafSmiths post #24 but can't figure out how to do so.... So how do you quote someone on this forum? I'm computer challenged.
Let's not clutter up a perfectly good thread with answers. I'll PM you, junglebob.
Old March 21, 2017, 09:40 AM   #77
junglebob

I saw a link in a post on another forum where they were talking about another subject "traveling through Illinois". Someone posted a link to an article in the Daily Caller "What Police Want From Concealed Carriers During a Traffic Stop" dated 7/23/16. KZLY TV , Spokane, quoted a Chief Bennett as saying it was common procedure to disarm a CC during a traffic stop. So it seems to be a more common thing in the North West and the East. No mention of it in Illinois in anything I've read. We now have almost a quarter of a million CC license holders, BTW.
Old March 21, 2017, 10:17 AM   #78
zxcvbob

(what happened to the quote button?)
Quote:
Now in Texas we recognize ALL CCW permits from ANY state. See he difference?
Texas does not recognize my MN permit. However, they do recognize my right to have a gun in my car while travelling thru the state. (not sure at the moment whether it's supposed to be concealed or visible, or if it matters)
For a while Harris County ignored the law, but the legislature cleaned up the wording or something and I've been told that's no longer a problem.
Old March 21, 2017, 02:38 PM   #79
dstryr

Quote:
Originally posted by peggysue
Quote:
In Iowa if stopped they already know you have a CCW when they look up your licence. They don't even ask. Just issue the ticked for the traffic offence.
This needs some further insight. The Iowa State Patrol says there is no state database for permits and afaik, they are not linked to a vehicle owner or driver license.

http://www.dstryr.com/