The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old February 27, 2017, 10:27 AM   #1
Skans

COP 357 Finish

The COP 357 is the odd-duck 4-barrel derringer type gun. I bought one about 17 years ago. Mine has a polished stainless finish. All of the ones I've seen since this one have a mat finish. So, I was starting to think that someone may have polished my COP to achieve this finish.

Then, today, I found one on Gunbroker advertised as: BRIGHT POLISHED COP FOUR BARREL DERRINGER. http://www.gunbroker.com/item/625011593 It looks exactly like mine!

So, I'm guessing that these guns did come in at least two finishes - one polished and another mat. Can anyone further verify this?
Old February 27, 2017, 10:53 AM   #2
peggysue

Mine is a bright satin. #0137XX As a matter of fact i am carrying it now. Never seen a high polished one. Pretty. Heck of a price too. I got mine off gun broker over 10 years ago off GB for $700. It was a mistake. I no longer get drunk and bid on any auction. No regrets however. I wonder it it was an after market polish I don't think they came from the factory like that?It would be easy to polish with a rag, semi chrome polish and time.

Last edited by peggysue; February 27, 2017 at 11:05 AM.
Old February 27, 2017, 04:58 PM   #3
Skans

Quote:
I wonder it it was an after market polish I don't think they came from the factory like that?It would be easy to polish with a rag, semi chrome polish and time.
I had wondered the same thing, and in fact I assumed someone polished it. However, it doesn't look like it was hand polished - and it looks like the one in the auction. Mine isn't necessarily a low serial number - I'll have to check that.