The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 23, 2016, 10:57 AM   #26
railroader

Quote:
What a piece of junk. Just another reason for me to stick with my Makarov PM.
In the past I have owned 3 makarovs that were nice guns. You can't compare maks to lcps. First off a lcp is pocket gun which the mak isn't. If I was going to carry a gun that large I would carry my kahr cm9 or my xds45. Second it sounds like the OP got a lcp which just needs to be straightened out by ruger. You can't condemn a whole line of guns because of one example. Ruger has sold over one and a half million lcps so they must be doing something right.
Old November 23, 2016, 11:32 AM   #27
James K
Member In Memoriam

The OP asked about specific problems with a specific make and model of gun. He didn't ask about alternatives or recommendations, so someone pushing his personal preference for a different gun is not helping.

Jim
Old November 23, 2016, 07:37 PM   #28
Big4Freedom

Deepc-
I fired my lcp II today for the first time. I actually also fired my custom every third magazine to compare. Think I went through roughly 80 rounds with mixed feelings.

My II shot wonderfully. I was hitting everything right out of the box. My worst shot wasn't bad. Outstanding trigger and accuracy. It did what I told it to do. That is so different from my custom. That one runs flawlessly but I can't hit much with it cause of the longer trigger pull. With that said, I had a couple feed issues and a couple magazine issues. I have large hands so not sure if I gripped too tightly or inadvertently pushed the release with part of my hand. I also had a few times when slide didn't remain open after last round. To me, I think it's a magazine issue. It isn't a super-tight click in of mag. I had that issue with my first custom and sent back to be replaced, successfully. Might consider with this one if it continues.

Mine seemed to run best when I left pinky completely off and shot one-handed. It was still very accurate that way but felt little weird. So, not sure how I feel just yet. Trigger and sites are great. Well balanced. Just not much grip and mag is released very easily. I have a hogue rubber grip on my custom and I'm gonna try that. Maybe making the tiny grip larger will help.

I just wanted to throw my limited experience in there for ya. I don't limp wrist at all, for reference. It was very easy to control accurately, even with one hand. Accuracy is crazy different over my custom. I found myself not distracted at all by the hammer coming back like I was with custom. Never thought I noticed it while shooting until today. The II is nearly invisible.

Tags
jams , lcp ii , ruger