The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old December 28, 2021, 01:42 PM   #1
Boox

help me out here...

I have searched all over this website trying to find the answer and no joy so I am posting it here;

what is the criteria that must be met to post in the gunshow area of this site? I try to post and get a notice that I do not meet criteria, but I cannot find anywhere that lists the criteria.

So, can sombody please explain what I need to do?

Boox
Old December 28, 2021, 02:50 PM   #2
Pahoo

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=436102

Not sure what the current criteria is on "Selling/Buying" but I know I was rejected as I did not have a high enough count of posts. One of the moderators will be along in a minute and provide greater detail .....

Be Safe !!!

Last edited by Pahoo; December 28, 2021 at 03:00 PM.
Old December 28, 2021, 03:04 PM   #3
eflyguy

The rules are stickied to the top of each forum section, for example:
https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=436104

The most basic is you must be an active, contributing member.
Old December 28, 2021, 03:05 PM   #4
Aguila Blanca
Staff

It's in the Gun Show rules, which are a sticky post at the top of each sub-forum in that area.

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=436104

Quote:
1. You must be an active member of TFL. In order to start a thread in the Gun Show you must have been a member for at least 30 days and have 25 MEANINGFUL posts in the other discussion forums. In other words, "+1", emoticons, fluffed comments, etc. without a meaningful statement involved do not apply. Postings in the Gun Show Forum, with the exception of the Feedback subforum, do not add to post count. In addition, we expect you to continue to contribute to the forum. Using the Gun Show forums as a free storefront, without being active in other forums, will result in loss of privileges.
Jeepaholic
Old December 28, 2021, 06:34 PM   #5
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
I have searched all over this website trying to find the answer and no joy so I am posting it here;

what is the criteria that must be met to post in the gunshow area of this site? I try to post and get a notice that I do not meet criteria, but I cannot find anywhere that lists the criteria.
At the top of each of The Firing Line Gun Show subforums there is a post.

The post is titled: "GUN SHOW RULES - All must read before posting in this forum"

We call that a hint.

The first rule is:

"1. You must be an active member of TFL. In order to start a thread in the Gun Show you must have been a member for at least 30 days and have 25 MEANINGFUL posts in the other discussion forums. In other words, "+1", emoticons, fluffed comments, etc. without a meaningful statement involved do not apply. Postings in the Gun Show Forum, with the exception of the Feedback subforum, do not add to post count. In addition, we expect you to continue to contribute to the forum. Using the Gun Show forums as a free storefront, without being active in other forums, will result in loss of privileges."

I'm sure when you read that notice, as you certainly MUST have before you tried to post an ad on TFL, you just missed the very first rule which explains very clearly the criteria for posting in the gunshow area of the site.

When you do meet the criteria and get ready to post an ad, I recommend re-reading those rules. A bit more carefully the next time.