The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old September 11, 2021, 07:13 PM   #26
Mainah

I was walking home from work late at night many years ago (before cellphones) and I walked into a situation where a guy was beating his girlfriend while her female friend was trying to pull him off. I immediately lit into the guy, and immediately ended up fighting all three of them. Big mistake, fortunately someone else must have called the police and a cruiser showed up before it got too ugly.

Since then I've laid back and called 911 on several occasions. Once I got subpoenaed to testify, but the case never made it to trial. This stuff happens so fast, best to observe and report.
Old September 27, 2021, 08:13 PM   #27
jrothWA

Was visiting our parents grave this past May, pulled up to where that Wife parents, were buried and as I am trimming around the headstone, and car pulls up and stops opposite my car and operator lifts a phone to is ear. But he is not looking down the road, just across the my group. Hair is risen on my neck. Told the wife and sister inlaw to move to the corner of the headstone , while I got another tools from the car. My M39-2, that fits nicely into my cargo pants. Keep my face towards him as I finished the job, then he left.
Old September 28, 2021, 08:38 PM   #28
Moonglum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrothWA View Post
Was visiting our parents grave this past May, pulled up to where that Wife parents, were buried and as I am trimming around the headstone, and car pulls up and stops opposite my car and operator lifts a phone to is ear. But he is not looking down the road, just across the my group. Hair is risen on my neck. Told the wife and sister inlaw to move to the corner of the headstone , while I got another tools from the car. My M39-2, that fits nicely into my cargo pants. Keep my face towards him as I finished the job, then he left.
I want to be sure I understand what I'm reading.

You had time to go to your car and retrieve a weapon and instead of leaving, instead of removing yourself from the situation, you went back to the grave and continued what you had been doing?

Best way avoid punch, no be there
Old September 28, 2021, 09:26 PM   #29
shurshot

Perhaps the guy was just pulling into the graveyard to make a cell phone call, trying to stay off the main road? Once distracted in conversation, he was talking and staring rudely without realizing it. One never knows.
S&W 39-2 is an excellent weapon... provides nice peace of mind.