The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old September 1, 2009, 02:33 PM   #1
Hondo11

Georgia Arms- Bad Experience

I placed an order with Georgia Arms back on March 23rd, 2009. I understand the current situation and have waited patiently for the ammo to arrive.

I received 500rds of .45FMJ about 3 weeks ago. I called them about a week prior to receiving the 500rds to check on the status of my order and was told that the order would ship out that week.

I called tonight (almost 6 MONTHS after the order was placed) to check on the status of the remaining 3500rds of FMJ and the 1000 rounds of JHP that I ordered. I was told that the new policy was that .45 ammo was limited to 500rds per customer and that I would have to reorder 500 more rounds.

It is absolutely ridiculous that they are not honoring an order that is almost 6 MONTHS old. The new policy is fine, but they are applying to an order that old and NOT TELLING ME? I was NEVER told ANYTHING about this new policy. It wasn't in effect when I placed the order and I was never told of the change (which only took effect recently).

I have been sitting here waiting patiently for the ammo instead of calling everyday and bothering them. I checked the status at reasonable intervals (every 6 weeks or so), but respected the fact that they were busy and constantly calling them would only slow them down even more.

I could have been sourcing ammunition from other places, but I have bought from them consistently for the past couple of years and I believe in repeat business.

Just wanted to put this out there in case anyone else falls into the same situation. I have been a loyal customer and spent thousands of dollars with them, but I will not buy another round from them after this. And I will encourage my co-workers to find somewhere else as well. With the current ammo situation, they probably won't feel it and probably won't care, but it's the principle.

And no, I didn't order a large quantity because I'm hording it. I go through about 2000 rounds a month for training/work/etc. My 40 co-workers go through about the same amount. That's a lot of business lost, even if only half of them find another ammo source.
Old September 1, 2009, 02:42 PM   #2
AirForceShooter

What's ticking me off is that they're showing up at gun shows with ammo.

I'm waiting on 300 rounds of 185 grhp in .45.

AFS
Old September 1, 2009, 04:46 PM   #3
srt 10 jimbo

They got .45 at Bass pro shops/outdoorworld. I usually order from them, they have to send it to the customers before they will even send it to the stores.
Old September 2, 2009, 02:12 PM   #4
billyj571

ammo

I didn't see that when I ordered some last week.
Old September 3, 2009, 07:52 AM   #5
martyj

I had goog luck with them on 10mm ammo and it was delivered the aloted time that they posted on their site. Shoots well.
Sorry to hear about your misfortune though.
Old September 3, 2009, 08:00 AM   #6
busted1200

Same experience here. Ordered 1,000 rounds of 9mm and at the time their backorder was 6-8 weeks. I was told of no 500 round limit and would not have ordered if there was. I ordered a 1,000 to save a little on shipping costs. 2 months later I received 500 rounds not of the 9mm I ordered, but 500 rounds of .40 cal. When I called and informed them, they wanted to charge me the difference! I passed up 9mm at Wal-Mart because I had the 1,000 on order. I will not be a repeat customer.
Old September 3, 2009, 08:49 AM   #7
trex1310

Georgia Arms

I placed an order on May 4, 2009. I cancelled it today. They don't
respond to emails or phone calls. Apparently they have ammo to sell
at gunshows, but not to fill orders they have had for months. I'll do
business elsewhere from now on.