The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old August 19, 2016, 07:58 PM   #1
darkgael

Target...Trijicon

Just could not get the Xs. I added a Trijicon TA01 to my Colt HBar.....now that Service rifles are allowed optics. Tough to get a good cheek weld. Shot twenty rounds. The other target....not so good.
100 yards. Prone.
Pete
PS: I notice on this target, and others that I have shot, that I favor the left....eight of the ten shots are on the left side of the 12 to 6 line.
Body position? Head? Position of the stock?

Last edited by darkgael; August 20, 2016 at 03:40 AM.
Old August 22, 2016, 02:28 PM   #2
4EVERM-14

Well, 100-0 still beats 99-9x.
I mounted my A4 with a Vortex Viper 1-4, Yankee Hill riser with medium Leopold rings. That combination allows the same head position I had when using the A2 receiver. Nose on the charge handle. I found head position seems harder to maintain with the scope. Iron sight apertures, being small, guide the eye better to center then the larger scope ocular. A suggestion I'm trying is to put a 1/4 inch hole in a front scope cover. It is supposed to reduce potential parallax errors. Still experimenting.
Distinguished Rifleman #731
Presidents 100
Old September 4, 2016, 01:09 PM   #3
mtlucas0311

I mounted my TA01 to my service rifle this year as well. When you move to the 200 and beyond its difficult to keep your group in the 10 ring unless you're really consistent with your cheek weld/head placement. I kept dancing around the 10 ring. nice tight groups, but in the 9/8 ring. I pulled it after a half dozen attempts to stabilize my position and put it on my NTIT rifle. Worked great there, I went 22/24 from the 600 shooting swing at Perry this year. By far my best performance.